Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Apr 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

There were/are two different shows. We saw Symphony in the stars: a Galactic spectacular at Xmas 2015, which I beleive ran until June 16. It was a mind blowing fireworks show. Then mid 2016 it changed to the present show just called a Galactic spectacular, which is nearly all projections and a few fireworks. Definitely no where near as good in my opinion.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

We have just seen the Ever after and Star Wars for the first time. Love Starwars, was a bit meh about Ever after. Still loved Illuminations.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We were really looking forward to these, gutted that its been cut back on, they're taking the sith!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tarik
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
There were/are two different shows. We saw Symphony in the stars: a Galactic spectacular at Xmas 2015, which I beleive ran until June 16. It was a mind blowing fireworks show. Then mid 2016 it changed to the present show just called a Galactic spectacular, which is nearly all projections and a few fireworks. Definitely no where near as good in my opinion.
^^ This ^^

They were two different shows. We saw symphony in Jan 16. May 17 was totally different and nowhere near as good.

I remember the finish for symphony and you could feel the fireworks pound through your chest.
tarik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by tarik View Post
^^ This ^^

They were two different shows. We saw symphony in Jan 16. May 17 was totally different and nowhere near as good.

I remember the finish for symphony and you could feel the fireworks pound through your chest.
I have it on video and the whole audience at the end were in awe! A kid near us just goes crazy to his parents about how good it was. It was definitely all about music/fireworks. It makes sense that it may have been scaled back to projections due to construction I guess..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by llamala View Post
We have just seen the Ever after and Star Wars for the first time. Love Starwars, was a bit meh about Ever after. Still loved Illuminations.
Didn’t think it was as good as wishes but my mum thought it was better- she had a full view of the castle but I didn’t so maybe I’ll watch again from the front and decide..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

In August 2016 we had a rubbish view so couldn’t really pass comment on how good they were there were quite a few fireworks but behind the trees, in August 2017 we made sure to get a good view and thought it was rubbish with hardly any fireworks and wished we’d had one last ride on tot instead. I assumed it was just us as I hear so many people raving about them on here.

Definitely something we won’t bother with again.

Edited at 10:40 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tarik View Post
^^ This ^^

Totally agree - we saw Symphony at Easter 2016 and were wowed. It was an amazing show. Went again at Easter 2017 and felt a bit disappointed with the new version.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
We stayed at the Yacht Club in April 2016 so saw the star wars fireworks a few times. We were absolutely amazed at just how spectacular they were. At the time there were no projections as they had only just built the two towers that houses the projection equipment. I suppose once they were up and running it would be more of a mix, we watched them again last April from near the boat dock and thought they were just ok.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
I didn't realise they'd changed. We watched them in Aug 16 and thought they were amazing, we'll know not to expect much on this visit then!
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List