Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Apr 18, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Happily ever after - Saturday 26th may

As I have mentioned in a couple of other threads, first visit to disney coming up and daughter's 9th birthday during our trip.

Unfortunately it's the Saturday of memorial weekend and she is absolutely set on seeing happily ever after fireworks at mk.

Are we mad for even considering it? Worried how busy it will be.

Any help much appreciated.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
the poags
Excited about Disney

Mobile

How about booking the dessert party, you will be guaranteed a spot close to the castle without standing in a crowd for ages before it starts.
Sharon
Old 7 Apr 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Could be something to consider. Just wondered about price. Any ideas how much per person?

Would be an extra special treat, along with Crystal palace breakfast. Could be an expensive day but a very memorable one hopefully.
Old 7 Apr 18, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

It's $59 adult and $35 child until the 27th may. It would probably also be worth planning to stay in the park for a bit after the fireworks so you're not stuck in the crowds leaving
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Has anyone done the garden plaza dessert party.

Was it worth the money?
Old 8 Apr 18, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

We are there that weekend but I know the parks will be crazy busy. Arrive at the park in plenty of time to get in. I have booked fastpasses for that evening at MK but I suspect that they are the only rides we will get on. Will enjoy soaking up the atmosphere and shopping though. We are giving the parks a miss on the Sunday as I hear that is the worst day.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

That's what I'm thinking of doing on the Saturday too. We have an adr for breakfast at Crystal palace (daughters requsst for her bday) and will stay in the park for a couple of hours after that, then go back to the villa for a few hours.

Will book fast pass for early evening and get in position early for happily ever after.

Looked at the possibility of the dessert party but no availability so will just have to take our chances.

Has anyone got any good tips for best places to view happily ever after from.
Old 8 Apr 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Uptowngirl View Post
That's what I'm thinking of doing on the Saturday too. We have an adr for breakfast at Crystal palace (daughters requsst for her bday) and will stay in the park for a couple of hours after that, then go back to the villa for a few hours.

Will book fast pass for early evening and get in position early for happily ever after.

Looked at the possibility of the dessert party but no availability so will just have to take our chances.

Has anyone got any good tips for best places to view happily ever after from.
We had a great view from the garden area in front if Casey's Corner, everyone stayed sitting too which made it easier for the kids to see.

However, I believe at least some of that area is now being used for club level guests. It would be worth checking out if you can.

Wherever you end up, you want to be able to see the castle for the projections
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Angeshall
Trying for More Ears

I've got MK on my planner for the Saturday evening. Chill during the day, dinner at Disney Springs and then into MK for our 3 FPs and then HEA.

The only issue will be if Liverpool make the Champions League final! Football before fireworks! But with the time difference, I think it will be on sometime in the afternoon.

We were there for Momoral weekend in 2016. It was busy, but manageable.
Angeshall is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post

How long before it starts should we be getting in a good spot for viewing happily ever after?