Notices

Old 17 May 18, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Hi Kelly, what a fantastic pre trippie, I've just caught up with it after posting on your October/November social thread.

You have a great selection of ADRs and your days look well planned. I'm not particularly a morning person so I've only booked BOG early breakfast on our first morning. My DH however is an early riser! But it's me organizing so he'll eat when I book. 😂

We went in 2016 and loved it so much I can't bare to wait another 2 years so already have 2019 in the bag! But POFQ with a few days at HRH next time.

Such a shame about not managing to go away with your dad but we never know what's around the corner so don't blame yourself... No regrets!

On the shopping side you should go with my DH as he's a shopaholic! And because of this we need at least a case each! I on the other hand am not really bothered about shopping whilst away! 😆 Bizarre I know!

It's funny seeing you talk about darlington and another dibber talking about yarm as we live only 20 mins from there and our two Dds go to school and my brother live in Yarm!

Anyway, I'll keep a lookout for any future updates and enjoy reading along if you choose to do a trip report?

Kat X
Thank you Kat ... yeah it's a bit lengthy ... I do waffle on quite a bit

Sadly our kids don't sleep so I can imagine we will be up early ... if not I'll try and get a later one, but we shall see. I just feel so much more comfortable having an idea of what we're actually doing if that makes sense?

I'm so jelous ... I've been looking at upgrading our Universal passes and convincing hubby to go next October too I wanted POFQ but with their being 5 of us we can't. Have you been there before?

I prefer shopping alone normally as I get stressed out with everyone else TBF I am just aiming for handbags rather than clothes and shoes ... that's what I say now ... who knows when I actually get there

Oh wow it's such a small world isn't it?! Yeah we're from Bishop Auckland but Mr Grump works in Billingham. Might be nice to maybe meet up for a cuppa sometime?

I intend to do a report ... whether or not I get round to actually doing it is a completely different thing haha x

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Love your pre trip so far! We (=I, my DH similarly sees no point in planning so far ahead and does not get excited until we actually there &#128548 usedTouring Plans for both room request and dining alert and both worked!
You will certainly have an extra traveller on this trip; we took our DD for first time in 2016 and thinking of all the places my Dad would have loved to show her and enjoyed himself was quite poignant - sad but happy too if you catch my drift!
Looking forward to the rest of your pre trippie and trip report if you opt to do one (I did a pre trip last time and got round to doing a photo trip report 18 months later .. 🤭😄
Happy planning x
Hi Gem, thanks for reading

I think Mr Grump will be exactly the same tbh! I've told him I'm happy to leave him at home if he wants

I think I've managed to set up an alert for BOG so we shall see.

Yeah I think I will be the same, Caitlin was really close to my dad and I'm sure it will be hard for her too but we've always kept his memory alive with the kids, he will never be forgotten.

I think that's what may happen with mine! I really hope it doesn't but we shall see x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

More shopping!

So I've decided to calm down on the shopping front ... till July at least

I basically have all mine and DL's clothes for going away and most of Noah's!

I've got my bag to use is Disney too as I decided I don't want to risk taking my Kate Spade bag so I bought this from Primark

I thought a nice little backpack would be better I also have a Kipling Multiple bag that I will probably use at Universal.

My holiday planner from a page on Facebook arrived today and it looks amazing. I can't wait to sit and go through it properly when the kid's are at school. I'm also managing to get my head around this TP site and I'm uploading our days. So far I've done our day 1 (MK), day 2 (AK), day 3 (HS) and day 4 (Epcot).

I've decided this weekend I'm going to get the larger suitcase out the garage and pop the things we already have in it so I can judge the cases we need to take. I'm debating taking 2 large and 2 medium cases ... still undecided.

I should receive my phone case this week too, I'll pop a pic up when it arrives.

I've got my final assignment for Uni due on Wednesday then I'm free till September! I was thinking of possibly getting a little part time job during the day for a couple of hours if I could just to get some extra spends.

I've also decided to price up for next October staying offsite Don't tell Mr Grump or this may happen

Although I am very tempted at times, especially when his breathing alone annoys me

Please tell me other couples are like that sometimes, I go through phases where him breathing makes me want to kill him

I'm sure there was something else I was going to update but I can't remember what ... it's getting late and I've got a busy weekend

Hope everyone's ok and I haven't bored you all with my ramblings x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

So I received my Disney Planner on Friday! So excited to get started with it! It has everything we could possible need in it!

I've been looked at extending our holiday ... Mr Grump doesn't know So I've messaged my TA to see what they can do about moving the flights forward a few days. I'm thinking of flying Tuesday instead of Saturday if possible depending on price and staying on I-Drive for 4 nights before Disney on the 27th. I just want the cheapest possible hotel as at the end of the day it's just somewhere to lay our heads. This would give us chance to do a couple extra days at Universal and Volcano Bay and also a few of the places on I-Drive, such as WonderWorks and Ripley's. Ideally I wouldn't want to pay anymore than £500 to change the flights which I know is highly unrealistic but I can dream right? :d I've found a hotel for £246 for 4 nights including continental breakfast and it's right near Universal too! Keep everything crossed!

I've just worked out our FP day is 28th August, almost panicked as my best friend gets married 25th August and I'm Maid Of Honour ... not sure she would have appreciated me sneaking off to book my FP's

x
Old 23 May 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
rosered
slightly serious Dibber

Really enjoying reading your plans, we arrive the day before you leave.

My FP booking day is 9th September. DD is doing the Great North Run - I have promised to be at the finish line so will be booking FP's whilst waiting for her to finish!

Love your backpack from Primark - I must go and have a look at their Disney range.
rosered is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Thank you for reading Rose, are you another Northerner? The October/November group has about 6 of us in it! Good luck to your DD.

The Disney range in Primark is awesome, I just hate how all the greedy people go in and clear the shelves and put them on eBay for double the price! X
Old 25 May 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

The only thing holding me back on going mad with the shopping for us in Oct is that we're about to start building work on the house and I'd have no where to put anything!
Old 25 May 18, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisaw1971
Very Serious Dibber

Same dates as us! We have a few adr’s at the same time too!

Animal kingdom / tuskers is the exact same time!

DLP Sept 1994 NY, 1998 SF, 2003NPB, 2005 off site, 2008NPB, NYE 2012 Explorers
WDW POR August 2013 14 nts
WDW POR August 2015 21 nts
DLP DCC AUGUST 2016 3nts
WDW DVC December 2016 10nts
Lisaw1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by piglet100 View Post
The only thing holding me back on going mad with the shopping for us in Oct is that we're about to start building work on the house and I'd have no where to put anything!
What about a garage or a friend's spare room/garage? To be fair I can imagine going and not finding much I like, that would be just my luck ... sure Mr Grump would be over the moon if that happened!

Originally Posted by Lisaw1971 View Post
Same dates as us! We have a few adr’s at the same time too!

Animal kingdom / tuskers is the exact same time!
Oh that's fab Lisa! Would be lovely to say hi! Where are you flying from and staying?

I was over the moon with the Tusker House one, still trying to get that bleeding BOG Dinner though ... said to hubby think I'm just going to give up on it

I've put Disney on hold for the moment as in less than 3 weeks it's my friend's hen party which I've organised ... we're off to Prague so I'm in full planning mode with that right now. Also finished my first year of Uni as of Wednesday ... such a relief!

Not really trippie planning but I popped into town with a friend yesterday and had a look in a charity shop and found these for Noah, they were brand new never been worn for the bargain price of £1.50! He was absolutely over the moon with them, he even wanted to take them to school today

x
Old 25 May 18, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Devastated Just checked my emails and there was a BOG dinner become available at 4.20pm but I was out and only just got in x
Old 25 May 18, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi Kelly,

Just thought I’d give you the heads up. They’ve just released quite a few dinner Adrs for October! So maybe they will have one to suit you!

Kat x
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List