Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 May 18, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Simmyoto
Proud to wear my Ears

Question Fullsize SUV Luggage Space

Hi All, I have been lurking in the background for a few months now whilst making plans for our family trip to WDW in September,
Originally it was My Wife and I and our two children (10 & 4) travelling but now my mother and father in law have also booked onto the same holiday.

I had originally planned on taking a Standard Suv but now doubt that will be big enough for us all and luggage.. I know a couple of you hire the Full Size and wondered if you think it would be possible to fit 4 adults, 2 kids and the luggage in for the airport runs?

The in-laws aren't confident to drive themselves either so i really need to stick to one vehicle that's big enough for us all.

Price is the same as a 15 passenger van but i'd rather not have something that "uncool" (my daily driver in the uk is a LWB vauxhall vivaro Van so vehicle size doesn't bother me)

Many thanks for the assistance!
Simmyoto is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Most will come with only two middle seats so you will have all back seats up. Doesn't leave a lot of space. Check out some YouTube videos, I can recommend Alex Autos channel, or look at photos on here people have posted. Generally people carriers have more seats and space.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Simmyoto
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Welshjim22 View Post
Most will come with only two middle seats so you will have all back seats up. Doesn't leave a lot of space. Check out some YouTube videos, I can recommend Alex Autos channel, or look at photos on here people have posted. Generally people carriers have more seats and space.
Thank's for the Help Jim, I appreciate the fast reply- i guess some of the trouble is not knowing exactly what will be available when you turn up and trying to envisage the space left with the jump seats up. I have had a look through the hire car gallery and just wondered if anyone could give me an opinion, perhaps i wrongly assumed the "caravan" type would have less luggage room than the full size suv's
Simmyoto is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I agree with Jim. There is far more luggage in a 7 seater, typically dodge grand caravan, than in the SUV.
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Alba20
Apprentice Imagineer

We frequently rent a full size, 7 seater SUV for just 4 of us and fold down the back seat for luggage storage to and from the airport.

This year we rented a dodge caravan and the luggage space was much better than I'd anticipated with all our luggage fitting in the boot space.

Alba
2018 Dubai, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, B2B Disney Cruise
2019 California Tour & Disneyland, DCL Med Cruise, Dubai, New York
Alba20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Simmyoto
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks all for the replies, does anyone know what the options are for people carriers with Alamo and which one would be the largest?

Edited at 07:41 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 23 May 18, 02:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Persnicketty
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Simmyoto View Post
Hi All, I have been lurking in the background for a few months now whilst making plans for our family trip to WDW in September,
Originally it was My Wife and I and our two children (10 & 4) travelling but now my mother and father in law have also booked onto the same holiday.

I had originally planned on taking a Standard Suv but now doubt that will be big enough for us all and luggage.. I know a couple of you hire the Full Size and wondered if you think it would be possible to fit 4 adults, 2 kids and the luggage in for the airport runs?

The in-laws aren't confident to drive themselves either so i really need to stick to one vehicle that's big enough for us all.

Price is the same as a 15 passenger van but i'd rather not have something that "uncool" (my daily driver in the uk is a LWB vauxhall vivaro Van so vehicle size doesn't bother me)

Many thanks for the assistance!
We had the same dilemma. 6 passengers and large luggage - in our case we booked with Avis.

We knew from experience the Caravan or a standard SUV were not suitable options. Having looked at a few youtube vids it seemed pretty obvious our best bet for luggage space would be a premium/luxury 7 seat SUV with longer wheelbase... eg a Suburban (or similar)... or a 12 seater.

Prices were all fairly similar so opted for the luxury SUV

Edited at 02:35 AM.
Persnicketty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 02:41 AM  
Link to this Post
marco_79
Excited about Disney

We get a full size SUV for the 4 of us every year and wouldn't say it is big enough for the 6 of you plus luggage. There is some companies that deliver the vehicle to your accommodation and transport your party to and from the airport. In that case you would get away with a full size SUV.
marco_79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch73
VIP Dibber

We've booked a 7 seater this year for 5 of us (me, DH, my mum, DD18 and DS16), probably could have coped with a full size but just wanted the extra space.

Personally I'd go for a 7 seater

WDW - 2005, 2010, 2014, 2018
DLP - 2008, 2009,2017
DLC - 2020, 2023,
Stitch73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

For 6 with all the luggage I always get the 12 seater bus, we like plenty of space and it’s ideal.