Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 6 Nov 08, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny days
Getting Excited

I have just emailed them as well - I don't think we will get anywhere but I do think they should know how disappointed we all are. I will let you know if I do get a response.
sunny days is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 08, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jamesharris
Trainee Dibber

i would steer clear of them all together, just to let you know, we got 14 day ultimate passes for disney for 2009 from charter travel, adults for £157 and kids for £141, managed to secure them for only £50 deposit per ticket

hope this helps

thanks

james
jamesharris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 08, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
oshea67
Helping Mickey

I have emailed a complaint, i was told last week the offer ran till Dec... very poor PR, am looking to buy 5 adult tickets, so the price increase is about £250.00!

paul
oshea67 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 08, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Maz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jamesharris View Post
i would steer clear of them all together, just to let you know, we got 14 day ultimate passes for disney for 2009 from charter travel, adults for £157 and kids for £141, managed to secure them for only £50 deposit per ticket

hope this helps

thanks

james

Unfortunately they have been forced to increase their prices too.
1994 St Pete's Beach. 2000 Comfort Suites Maingate East/Clearwater. 2005 Clarion Universal 2006 POFQ/Homewood Universal. 2006 POFQ/Boardwalk Villas/RPR 2007 POR/Wonder Cruise/POP. 2008 BCV/Disney Panama Canal Cruise/GCH, DL. 2008 SSR/RPR/BC. 2009 SSR/BCV/Villa. Sept-Oct Magic B2B Cruises/SSR/BCV/Villa. 2010 SSR/Villa. Sept DCL WB Transatlantic Cruise. 2011 Jan-Feb DCL Panama Canal Cruise/GCV/Villa. 2011 Sept-Oct DCL WB Transatlantic Cruise/Villa
Maz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 08, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Busby
Excited about Disney

I have just e-mailed Disney as well. Whilst I agree the the offer was 14 for the price of 7, I asked when the offer was extended would of not been sensible to inform people of the impending price hike.
Lets see what reponse I get...

Edited at 06:40 PM.
Busby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 08, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cebse
Excited about Disney

This is so bad this. I was waiting to after the offer was extended I wa going to leave it as late as possible because with having to pay for our holiday and tickets again after the XL collapse I have been paying things off as I could so was pleased to see this offer extended.

This does not make disney look good at all in my opinion they have really decived everyone. Why extend the offer when they must have knew there was to be a price increase. They could have just left the offer as it was and then put prices up and no one would hace been left feeling ripped off. :angry:
Old 6 Nov 08, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
oshea67
Helping Mickey

Got a reply from Disney they say to send the complaint to

tds.guest.relations@disney.com

I won't hold my breath!

Paul
oshea67 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 08, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
slowmo
Excited about Disney

If the price of the tickets is linked to the exchange rate then you would assume that the price of the hotels on the UK website would also rise, but they havn't. It looks like blatant profiteering on Disney's part.
Not too smart in the present economic climate

This is the final straw for me and will be canceling our booking for POR and stay offsite with the Flexi ticket even though I will lose £200 deposit but will still save on an alternative hotel.
slowmo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 08, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
westhamman
Excited about Disney

I was also caught out by their extending the offer, I will probably end up just buying a ticket to go to a couple of parks and a water park. Disney will lose the money spents on the days, food, drink, gifts etc.

dave f
westhamman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 08, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

I`ve sent off a complaint. It really wouldn`t have hurt to give everyone a couple of days notice!
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread