Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 6 Nov 08, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Complaint sent, seriously thinking of dumping disney for next year and stopping on IDrive and having a few days in Clearwater instead of Disney.

Mark
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 08, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Yep i'm really angry/disappointed too. If an offfer is extended then you would presume it to be the same price :angry: I wouldn't be so mad if it was only by a small amount but for us its the best part of £250! I reckon orlando flex ticket will do nicely out of this! Disney need to have a re-think
Old 9 Nov 08, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post

I have only just found these threads and am totally disgusted with Disney. We were waiting to pay for our new front door first and have now missed this offer.

I have sent an e-mail off to Disney, but don't expect a reply.
Old 9 Nov 08, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post

I think... some you win ... some you lose. I did get the tickets at the orinial price as I booked my whole trip direct with Disney, however I was reading another thread where someone had got PE upgrade at almost half as much as I paid.

I think you just had to go with the price you're happy with at the time and then not look!
Old 9 Nov 08, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Think it was a little more misleading than some you win some you lose. People were actually led to believe that they had until the 2nd December to buy the tickets at a price they were happy with.

I have paid for flights that since we could have got cheaper, now thats a case of some you win some you lose.
Old 9 Nov 08, 02:26 AM  
Link to this Post
001_ATLANTIS
Serious Dibber

Disney are in danger of pricing themselves out of the market if they are not careful. They are already extortionately expensive and a jump in price like this just screams greed as far as I am concerned. If they want to avoid empty theme parks next year then someone had better sit up and take note soon. Rather than increasing prices they should be trying to hold them steady or even reducing them.
001_ATLANTIS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 08, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
pepsicube
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 001_ATLANTIS View Post
Disney are in danger of pricing themselves out of the market if they are not careful. They are already extortionately expensive and a jump in price like this just screams greed as far as I am concerned. If they want to avoid empty theme parks next year then someone had better sit up and take note soon. Rather than increasing prices they should be trying to hold them steady or even reducing them.
How can you call 200 quid extortionate for 14 days unlimited admission to 4 of the best theme parks in the world - plus water parks & transportation?
I would have thought the price hike is due to the falling pound against the dollar, and expect other parks & hotels etc. to go up too.
It's not greed it's business - there's no point in having full parks if they're losing money. Would be better half full and make a small profit!
I do agree though that it's sneaky and misleading to say the offer carries on to December and then increase the prices.
pepsicube is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 08, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by pepsicube View Post
How can you call 200 quid extortionate for 14 days unlimited admission to 4 of the best theme parks in the world - plus water parks & transportation?
I would have thought the price hike is due to the falling pound against the dollar, and expect other parks & hotels etc. to go up too.
It's not greed it's business - there's no point in having full parks if they're losing money. Would be better half full and make a small profit!
I do agree though that it's sneaky and misleading to say the offer carries on to December and then increase the prices.
I would imagine that admission fees only make up some of Disneys park profits - with alot of actual profit coming from accommodation, dining, souvenirs, parking, strollers etc. I may be wrong.

Although it is ok value 'per day', £200 is a lot when it WAS £30 cheaper. And it is alot compared to the £155 charged for the Flexticket Plus, which has arguably great themeparks and waterparks (Universal/IOA/Seaworld/Busch/WetnWild/Aquatica) included for 14days.
Old 9 Nov 08, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Alison
Excited about Disney

Alison's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We tried to buy our 3 tickets from Reading Disney store a couple of weeks ago but they only had two of them, which we bought at £169 for an adult.
Went to the store yesterday to buy another ticket and it was still £169. Don't quite understand what's going on there.

Edited at 10:42 AM.
Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 08, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Andre
VIP Dibber

I think that many posters here are right in saying that the tickets haven't really gone up - they still cost about the same amount of dollars - but the exchange rate has plummeted meaning that (like everything else that's dollar-based) we are going to end up paying more if we buy them in sterling. Sadly, the same applies to anything else you will buy on your US holiday.

Please don't blame the poor Disney Store CMs, they usually have no real advanced warning of price changes, and they are requested to remind guests that any ticket quotes are only valid for 24 hours.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 -•- Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 -•- Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13, Aug 14, Aug 15, Jul/Aug 16, Aug 17, Aug 18, Aug 19... and coming next, Jul/Aug 20
Disneyland Paris: Many times since 1992, lost count! -•- Disneyland California: Aug 2011 (for D23 Expo event), Aug 2014
Andre is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread