Old 11 Aug 10, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5

So sorry to hear this for all those waiting for their tickets
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 10, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post
My friends who are at the parks now have confirmed that the tickets they have that have been refused at the park gate were from Themeparkticketsdirect. They asked to speak to a manager there who tried to contact the company without success and had to buy one day tickets instead!
aww thats awful
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 10, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
s7uar7
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by AndyJ View Post
As Stu posted, yes.

But there is no reason to think Keith Prowse are in trouble just because of this.
Maybe not, but it's a brave person who takes that risk. It's like saying Dixons have gone bust but Currys are fine. Would you chance it?
s7uar7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 10, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 16
Originally Posted by s7uar7 View Post
Maybe not, but it's a brave person who takes that risk. It's like saying Dixons have gone bust but Currys are fine. Would you chance it?
They are seperate legal entities, and there is nothing what-so-ever that suggests Keith Prowse are in any difficulty at all.

I wouldn't want to harm Keith Prowse by speculating and potentially driving customers elsewhere.

A.
AndyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 10, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
shazza1961
Imagineer

This is a totally different company to Park Tickets direct isnt it ?

shazza1961 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 10, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post

My friends who are at the parks now have confirmed that the tickets they have that have been refused at the park gate were from Themeparkticketsdirect. They asked to speak to a manager there who tried to contact the company without success and had to buy one day tickets instead!
Pinchy, can you confirm what tickets they have and what park.
Old 11 Aug 10, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Macmac
Imagineer

I think that this type of thing is a scandal, and really feel that it is time for travel and ticket agents to be properly regulated.

I think that any company that takes money from a client for the purchase of an item that that company does not have ownership of should be prohibited from using these funds for any other purpose.

They should be obliged to create client money accounts where these funds are deposited until the service or product paid for is provided, this would ensure that all people such as those mentioned above would get their money back.

I really feel for your friends, and sincerely hope that they still have a holiday to remember for all the right reasons.
Macmac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 10, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post

You may have read on previous threads that we leave for Florida on Friday and could not get our tickets from this company beforehand. I finally managed to get through yesterday lunch time, held on for 30 mins and got a full refund (alledgedly)

On the back of this I contacted Orlando Attractions and spoke with Simon Everett, who I have to say has been an absolute superstar.

He arranged six adult tickets for Disney and Universal yesterday (10th August) and were delivered by the postman this morning at 10am.

I cannot heap enough praise on this company for helping us out of one huge hole.

Thumbs up all round for Orlando Attractions.
Old 11 Aug 10, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post

I have just spoken to Universal Guest Services who said:

“If you have the Orlando Flex Ticket in your possession then they should be valid”.

We have four Orlando Flex tickets so I'm hoping they will be ok.
Old 11 Aug 10, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

If you have the actual credit card sized tickets you will be OK. It seems that it's the vouchers you exchange for tickets that are the problem.