Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 4 May 11, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Standard UK Tickets?

Hi,

Im after some advice, we have purchased 14 day ultimate disney tickets from someone on ebay who can no longer make their holiday, he has good feedback ect and certain they are 100% just something he said baffled me and I dont want to ask him repeated questions!

He said the tickets are standard UK tickets and we need to sign them on the back and the biometrics will be done at the gate on our first visit?

Does anybody know what this means!?!

Thanks!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 11, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
All Disney tickets are fingerprint protected, so when you first arrive at WDW they take your fingerprint (it's not a true fingerprint, hence the term 'biometrics'), on all subsequent visits they check your finger print matches the initial one.

If you buy 2nd hand tickets that have been used before, then the fingerprints won't match and they won't let you in.

14 day ultimates are the standard ticket sold in the UK, they sell different tickets in the USA (as most American's visit for a week or less)

and everyone has to sign their ticket. The main reason being so you know whose ticket is whose and the fingerprints will match.

Disney tickets aren't sold legally on Ebay, so you are taking a risk by buying them there.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 11, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lightningz
Excited about Disney

Each time you enter the park you have to place your thumb on a finger print reader.

Before you visit the ticket will not have a finger print attached to it, of course on your first visit the ticket you use in the machine will be associated with your finger print.

Signing the ticket essentially just helps you keep track of who's ticket is who's as your finger print wouldn't correlate with the fingerprint "saved onto" someone else's ticket from your party.
Lightningz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 11, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Ah fab thankyou, he said they are brand new never used and havent been signed or fingerprinted so that would tie in!
Old 4 May 11, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our ultimate tickets last year, didn't have a place for a signature. We had to remember whose was whose.
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 11, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Ticket Nightmare!

Hi Everyone,

The plot has now thickened on our tickets...they arrived today via special delivery and all seems ok.

The seller then sent me an email saying that because he is a long standing disney member they have decided to give him a refund and have voided our tickets so can I send them back to him? I asked why he needed them back if they were no longer valid and he stated that his grandaughter wanted them so she could travel later in the year. All very fishy and becoming a bit of a nightmare.

Have emailed disney direct to see if they can validate the tickets but just wanted to know if anyone had ever heard of tickets being refunded or void?

Thanks... and if anyone is reading this and thinking of buying cheap tickets off ebay, seriously dont its really not worth the saving you make!
Old 6 May 11, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post

once when we lost our tickets disney voided ours and replaced them as they knew what tickets we had by the identification number along the bottom back of the tickets (lucky we photocoppied them)
Old 6 May 11, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post

The seller has copies as he took photographs so would have the numbers. Our tickets do not have numbers underneath the barcode though?
Old 6 May 11, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Ah sorry ignore they do have ticket numbers on!
Old 6 May 11, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi

did you pay via PayPal?

I might be inclined to contact PayPal, because this guy has sent you the tickets via Special Delivery and, as such, he has proof that you received them.

I hope I am wrong, but it sounds suspicious - check his feedback and see what he's been selling & contact Ebay or PayPal before returning the tickets. If you do return them, send them via Special Delivery.

Hopefully it turns out okay
Closed Thread