Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 20 May 11, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Its just not Disney tickets that are non-transferable and available on Ebay, it applies to concert tickets and just about all other tickets that are for sale...

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 11, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
chris5117
Imagineer

Not worth the risk IMO

Chris, Lorraine, Molly & Zack
chris5117 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 11, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
donaldtheduck
slightly serious Dibber

donaldtheduck's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by rebecca86 View Post
Following our ebay ticket drama I wanted to share with you all the following conversation I have just had with WDW Guest Relations

WDW take a very dim view on tickets being sold on ebay, they are appauled at how many people are paying money for tickets that then are fake / void / already used.

Guest Relations were fantastic with our case and while they are investigating the matter in full she said that the best thing we can do is tell everyone we know NOT to buy from ebay, WDW are doing everything they can to stop ebay selling their tickets and this is where they need help.

She said if anyone has a moment to spare please can they report the tickets being sold on ebay and state that they are non-transferable and therefore should not be sold on.

Guest relations were fantastic but she said there is only so much they can do and unless people stop buying on ebay then there will come a time where they have to close their services to dealing with such cases

Please Please if you are thinking of buying tickets on ebay then take note and buy from a DIBB recommended site
Hi,

I have already reported someone to e-bay as they were selling Disney Tickets - 4 all together, and there was a photo of both sides of the tickets and it clearly states on the reverse "non transferable". I don't think e-bay did anything about it though.

I think ebay SHOULD prevent pople selling items like this.
POR November 2013
DLRP November 2014
CBR February 2016
donaldtheduck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 11, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lecras
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 53
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Slightly of at a tangent but what about all those kiosks at fuel stations and store touts trying to sell us all used tickets? surely they can't all be illegal as they are there in the same places everytime we go on holiday!
It is against Florida law to re-sell partially used theme park or event tickets. Also, unused tickets cannot be re-sold at the venue. There are no exceptions. These places are all breaking the law.

Charlotte
lecras is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 11, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bigdrinks
Serious Dibber

As Disney wont play ball and give refunds, then good luck to those who sell them on ebay I say.

The words 'non transferable' have about as about as much clout as say, a can of Coke from a multipack stamped 'not to be sold seperately' on it.

As for buyers. I wouldn't buy off ebay myself. But I would certainly buy them off someone I know or, receive them as a gift despite them being 'non transferable'!
Bigdrinks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 11, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy9137
Very Serious Dibber

Cant understand why anybody will trust tickets off Ebay? Its just not worth the risk.

Andy9137 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 11, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
What should you do with tickets that are genuine and unused...like mentioned? If you are forced to cancel most people cant afford to just write off that amount of money. I would be wary of buying a lot of things from ebay as it is so open to abuse.

Can anyone answer that for me please?
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 11, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Can anyone answer that for me please?
Hi, been watching this with interest

We bought our tickets from OTD last year - they had a cancellation policy which we took out , just in case, and yes it cost us £25 but it covered several thousands of pounds worth of tickets ( WDW, DC , SW,Univer etc). If we had cancelled , it would have cost us a lot more to have all those tickets on our hands so I thought it was worth the peace of mind knowing I could return them

We changed our minds about KSC several times - OTD did offer to take the tickets back from us but at a reduced rate , and in fact , they were quite cheap tickets so we hung onto them in the end

I bought launch tickets from ebay and was very pleased with them , then decided not to go and re sold them myself , on ebay, and the family who bought them - well, they were thrilled and had no trouble at all with using them as they were all in original condition.

So , its hit and miss i think - alot of it depends on the seller's feedback and history.

Sadly , there are charlatans out there who will make their money through others misfortune and its not always easy to spot at the time especially in these days when so many of us are in reduced financial circumstances.

As another poster said , its a tough call !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 11, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post

I think what makes this difficult and it was the same point the lady from disney made on the phone, you cant trust everybody and she said the amount of calls they had been recieving about such problems was rapidly increasing.

Interesting that disney do not offer refunds, perhaps they should review that policy as that seems to be the main reason genuine people are selling tickets on ebay.

Tough one but honestly its really not worth it, the tickets on ebay dont really sell for much less than genuine ones and at least you have piece of mind knowing they are going to work :-)

Will let everyone know once disney conclude their investigation, they were amazing on the phone and promised to do everything they can to find out the story behind our void tickets but regardless we took the risk and it backfired - something that everyone has to consider before doing it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 11, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

i will hold my hands up & admit to selling seaworld tickets on ebay.i bought 3 tickets for seaworld & then we decided to do discovery cove,and i knew we wouldn't have enough time to fit,busch gardens in,so we opted for seaworld as the extra ticket,which then meant,we had extra tickets.they were genuine tickets not e tickets,so had no names on,but i do realise alot of tickets sellers aren't genuine.
tracy