Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 11, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Hi Welcome to TheDibb! I dont know about discount but theres a special entrance at Seaworld for military personnel!
xxx
Old 15 Jun 11, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklfly
Imagineer

Tinklfly's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Seaworld and Busch Gardens both offer free entry to currently serving armed forces and up to three dependants on production of an ID card. I believe the deal is one entry to either park in any single year. Hope this helps.
Old 16 Jun 11, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Gillz121
Apprentice Imagineer

Gillz121's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tinklfly View Post
Seaworld and Busch Gardens both offer free entry to currently serving armed forces and up to three dependants on production of an ID card. I believe the deal is one entry to either park in any single year. Hope this helps.
The above post is correct.

There is a US Military resort in the Disney area, called Shades of Green which allows you to purchase cheaper park tickets for Universal/Disney. They have a website if you google it. We were lucky enough to get a Universal/IOA 'Hero's Salute' in 2009 (which was a free 2 day park hopper ticket), but since the arrival of Harry Potter they have stopped this offer.
Gillz121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 11, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Shades of green are no cheaper than any of the uk ticket websites, if you shop around you will see that
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 11, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
There is a thread/post (not sure which sorry) on here about military discounts, just type it in under search.
Yeh Seaworld/Busch Gardens allow a family in for free, down load the Hero Salute form of turn up with a valid ID card.
There are quite a few restaraunts and shops that also give discount, always ask before you buy, it's worth a try.

Shades of Green are no cheaper to buy tickets so you need to shop around then shop around again some, you'd be surprised how much the price varies from site to site, shocking really.
Old 13 Jul 11, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post

we saved 0ver £200 last week( 6/7/11) by showing my uk Royal Navy id card(or army/RAF) .
British forces and their families are welcomed in for free( 2 adults 2 children) and are issued with "hero cards".
My wife had to show ID(to prove married to me) and they went out their way at guest services with our kids.
UK military is welcomed and we even had to stand up as a family at the the shamu stadium for a standing ovation for US and UK forces.Very welcomed ... wish the UK would treat my forces family like the Americans treat us!
Old 13 Jul 11, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Does this apply to serving police officers or just the armed services?
Old 14 Jul 11, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by waza70 View Post
we saved 0ver £200 last week( 6/7/11) by showing my uk Royal Navy id card(or army/RAF) .
British forces and their families are welcomed in for free( 2 adults 2 children) and are issued with "hero cards".
My wife had to show ID(to prove married to me) and they went out their way at guest services with our kids.
UK military is welcomed and we even had to stand up as a family at the the shamu stadium for a standing ovation for US and UK forces.Very welcomed ... wish the UK would treat my forces family like the Americans treat us!
yeah I'm a veteran and still do heros salute at Shamu stadium and gets stopped by loads of people when wearing my vets badge. The manager at IHOP at busch is also ex forces so had a long chat. The Americans certainly do support them well. Although wife works for a forces charity and when we were wearing our troops t shirt at memorial weekend got stopped by both brits and american
Old 14 Jul 11, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post

It's great that they recognise forces with the discount. Apparently Nike shops in Florida give discount too. So defo make sure you ask before you buy. Have fun
Closed Thread

Tags
forces discount, military discount