Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 13 Apr 05, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post

I am lucky in the sense i dont have to buy my daughter a ticket as she is only just going to be 2 this year but will need them for next time ...If we ever go again ...This will be our 6th once in a lifetime trip
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 05, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Whatever you do, that will be the example you set for your children to follow. If you don't get a ticket you will be involving your child(ren) in a lie and what parent wants that as the backdrop to their magical holiday. I think your original plan was the right one, how sad your friends are not so honest.
I see you are a fellow Scot, get the ticket, we can't have them calling us mean!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 05, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I would definately buy the ticket.

Apart from the moral issues, there's also an issue of insurance. Can you imagine if god forbid something went wrong and there was no liability found because you'd chosen to save a few pounds?

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 05, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Chelle27
Imagineer

Chelle27's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think you should buy her a ticket.

1) You don't need the hassle of worrying everyday when you go to a park that you are going to be stopped and questioned, etc.
2) Kids know how to show you up! (I can't come to work today -
my DD isn't very well - reply in VERY LOUD voice - 'there's nothing up with me mummy, I'm fine! LOL)
3) Peace of mind!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v495/OrlandoBelle/Glitter%20sigs/Chelle2.gif

Hawthorn Suites @ Seaworld July 2005
High Grove, Clermont, July 2006
The Bad Hair Trip Report - July 2005

The Your Eyes Are Bigger Than Your Bellie Trippie - August 2006
Chelle27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 05, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Raymond
Very Serious Dibber

Whats to debate ?

Your daughter is 3 BEFORE you fly, the rules say aged 3 and over need a ticket ? No queries really.

If you dont buy a ticket you are stealing.

If a child turns 3 on the 2nd day of the holiday, or any other time during the holiday then maybe there could be a query.

My son is 7 so he has only been over 3 for a couple of years .. maybe we could sneak him in
Raymond is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 05, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
alijolly
Imagineer

I had this question with my son who had just turned 10 and needed an adult ticket, I bought the adult ticket, because thats the rule, but he was stopped nearly every time we went through the ticket machines because the CM thought he would be too young to need to have his fingers checked. At one point i did think, goodness it would actually have been easier to have lied about his age! but i am glad I did the right thing.

When it came to booking meals I wasn't quite as true to the rules because I asked for my daughter to have the childrens meals even though she is 12, when I booked it I did give her true age but said she would be eating off the childrens menu and this was fine everywhere, even at the character breakfast where, as it was a buffet, I thought there may be an issue. I think I would have felt really guilty if I had just lied and said she was 11 but as she eats like a sparrow I was happy asking for her to be classed as a child.

Ali
alijolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 05, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Is she likely to drop you in it if asked her age ?Last year at Legoland DS, then 5, was desperate to go on the cars which were strictly for 6 and over, he successfully lied to the attendant only to have his brother announce to the world that he was really 5- total embarrassment ! wished the ground would open up ! cos of this experience I would buy the tickets
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 05, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenS
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone for their very helpful advice and Raymond for his 'strong' opinion. LOL! I can take it!

We will be getting DD2 her own ticket as planned. I must however admit that it isn't from a sense of right or wrong bbecause we will spend a small fortune in Disney but more because I don't want to have to worry about it or have it cast a shadow on our holiday in any way.

It is very tempting not to buy the ticket especially when it seems that an awful lot of people do it quite easily.

Thanks again

Karen
KarenS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread