Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jan 12, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just about to head to birmingham sealife to get our annual passes. I phoned merlin ents to confirm we could get it there, and she said we could, up until the end of the month.
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 12, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
akv2010
Imagineer

Just back from Chessington and we was able to buy our passes and then use them to get in.

A little tip from the girl on the desk was to upgrade the disabled persons standard pass to a premium pass as this means you get a free Premium carers pass too. The girl on the desk advised us of this. She also said that both disabled persons and carers premium passes get you free parking so if we went with friends, they could use our card to get free parking.

You can upgrade from standard to premium for £35.

My DD goes to camp in the summer so my son & I can go theme parking for the day when she is not here as the Premium passes get you into attractions in August, the standard ones do not.

Enjoy your theme parking! I'll come back after Easter and update on them getting us into LL Florida too.
[SIZE="2"]6th Feb 15 - 2 nights in Miami, 7 night WC cruise on NCL Epic, 2 nights in The Keys, 2 nights in Cocoa Beach and 2 nights Fort LauderdaleRadisson @ Parkway 2007, DLP 05, 07, 08, 09, 11, HGVC @ Seaworld, Kidani & OKW - Oct/Nov 10, PORR Royal Room, Encantada @ Kissimmee, Dolphin Beach @ St Pete's Beach. Disney BLT - April 2012, Oct 13 - Dallas, PORR, DCL Fantasy with Autism on the Seas (W. Caribbean), BLT, Daytona, BLT
akv2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 12, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
akv2010
Imagineer

Oh, and get there early. We was 20 minutes at the desk getting ours done at 10am - the queue was HUGE when we left the park at 1pm.

You cannot buy the drink refill bottles until March though.

OOOOOHHHHHHH - Kids also eat free at Hard Rock Cafe in Orlando if you have Merlin Passes: merlinannualpass/pa..._rock_cafe.asp
[SIZE="2"]6th Feb 15 - 2 nights in Miami, 7 night WC cruise on NCL Epic, 2 nights in The Keys, 2 nights in Cocoa Beach and 2 nights Fort LauderdaleRadisson @ Parkway 2007, DLP 05, 07, 08, 09, 11, HGVC @ Seaworld, Kidani & OKW - Oct/Nov 10, PORR Royal Room, Encantada @ Kissimmee, Dolphin Beach @ St Pete's Beach. Disney BLT - April 2012, Oct 13 - Dallas, PORR, DCL Fantasy with Autism on the Seas (W. Caribbean), BLT, Daytona, BLT
akv2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 12, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Got my pass too. They gave us a time slot to come back and get our card after paying, which was good. Very pleased. Thanks again for posting!
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 12, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Ordered the Legoland Annual Passes online and voucher says collect between 16th March and November. Bit puzzled so phoned and they said I dont have to go now, can wait until I want to go to Legoland and activate annual pass then. Pass will be valid then for 1 year from when I activate it and not when I bought in January.

Good thing about that is that you can activate say at Easter or May school holiday go to Legoland and use for Legoland Florida in Summer and then when you next go to Legoland next upgrade to a Merlin Standard Family pass which is way cheaper than the individual people pass and only pay the difference between the full price of Legoland pass and Family Merlin pass which is only about £10 to £20 each depending on adults and kids involved. Did this last year and only paid £10 each person and got the rest of the year with all Merlin attractions when Legoland is closed over the winter.

Do not upgrade until you have used the Legoland Florida free visit though. Great value for a family. Wasnt going to visit Legoland Florida in August but will now.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 12, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by barbarah View Post
Ordered the Legoland Annual Passes online and voucher says collect between 16th March and November. Bit puzzled so phoned and they said I dont have to go now, can wait until I want to go to Legoland and activate annual pass then. Pass will be valid then for 1 year from when I activate it and not when I bought in January.

Good thing about that is that you can activate say at Easter or May school holiday go to Legoland and use for Legoland Florida in Summer and then when you next go to Legoland next upgrade to a Merlin Standard Family pass which is way cheaper than the individual people pass and only pay the difference between the full price of Legoland pass and Family Merlin pass which is only about £10 to £20 each depending on adults and kids involved. Did this last year and only paid £10 each person and got the rest of the year with all Merlin attractions when Legoland is closed over the winter.

Do not upgrade until you have used the Legoland Florida free visit though. Great value for a family. Wasnt going to visit Legoland Florida in August but will now.
Hi
Just wondered if i buy this online, do I have to activate it in Legoland UK?I live in Repub of Ire & wondered if I could activate it in Florida?

Anyone know how much a 1 or 2 day pass to Legoland Florida with/without transport costs?

Ta

lam

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM

Edited at 08:20 PM. Reason: Missed INfo
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 12, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by barbarah View Post

I'm really confused

I was considering buying 4 x individual passes at £78 each - would i be better getting a family pass for 4?

We want to use it in orlando in Oct but will be using it in the UK over the summer. What's the best thing for us to do?
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 12, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
akv2010
Imagineer

Bit confusing but I think that the poster is trying to say:

Buy Legoland Passes
Collect Legoland Passes at Easter or May school holidays and activate them then
Upgrade that day to Family Merlin Annual Passes (which are cheaper than Indidual standard passes)
Then you have another year on the passes.

Which is a great idea and will give that some thought for next year. We go away at Easter but will also be using ours quite a lot as we live near enough to London for a few days out. These passes are going to get us out much, much more. Cannot wait.
Old 8 Jan 12, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by akv2010 View Post
Just back from Chessington and we was able to buy our passes and then use them to get in.

My DD goes to camp in the summer so my son & I can go theme parking for the day when she is not here as the Premium passes get you into attractions in August, the standard ones do not.
Glad you managed to get your tickets. I thought you could go to the theme parks in August & it was just the central London attractions such as the Eye that you couldn't go to then?
Old 9 Jan 12, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

For those in the north remeber that you can collect at Lego discovery trafford centre. Also the pass gets you into blackpool tower including the circus and also madame tusades and the sea life in blackpool.
As someone has mentioned it may be worth upgrading one of the passes to a preimum one as you then get free parking at lego windsor, thorpe park , chessington and alton towers. The other great think is you just turn up and walk straight in no queing to pick tickets upi ever time.
My advise is if you goto one of the venues ask if you can trade that days ticket in for part payment on your way out as the queue may be shorter on the way out then on the way in.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread