Closed Thread

Old 30 Jun 12, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
PhilUK
slightly serious Dibber

PhilUK's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We had some tickets taken off us by universal studios

We bought our tickets from one of the sellers on this site and I have to say that I was not a happy chappy.

I paid £400 for these tickets and used them 3 times and on the 4th time they took them off us, Told us that we are using stolen/sold passes and the guy should report me to the police if I didnt go away. I wish I took it further with them but in the end I could not be bothered with the attitude of the staff.

Here is the thing they gave me as a souvenir

The ticket seller offered me replacement tickets but as it was the last 2 days it was not possible to collect them. In the end I told them I wanted the lost days (x2) @ £160 and they gave me a extra £90 which I guess is ok.. but really.. should this happen?

I got this reply.

I have spoken to Universal studios and they were very apologetic. They think there was a problem with the barcode reader which was not able to scan certain batches of tickets.

We have had this before on a number of occasions and I am sorry it occurred in this instance.

They have offered to refund £250 to you which I can do immediately on to the card you paid for the tickets with

If you can let me know if this is acceptable I will do this immediately

Many thanks
The tickets scanned without a issue. I think they are trying to blame this on a system error. No it was a finger print issue (however I have found out that they do not take a finger print and nor does disney. They take a outline of your finger and match it like that. The error was that the finger thing would not allow us in. It was rejecting us.

Edited at 02:01 AM.
PhilUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 12, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post

We had a lot of problems at Universal getting the finger thing to work, but although it slowed us down it never stopped us getting in.

What I don't understand is why, if they'd "... had this before on a number of occasions... " they didn't in some way warn you of this possibility. I can imagine that your feelings were a mix of fury/fear/embarrassment in equal measure!

In terms of compensation, do I read it that you got £160 + £90 (from the seller) + £250 (from Universal) = £500? If so, then fine. Hope though that you didn't just get the £250 as £90 does sound inadequate.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 12, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
shamu1
Imagineer

shamu1's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
never had this happen to me,
but at seaworld 2 days ago they done the same to a family of 5 the children looked gutted. the family did not put up much of a fight so maybe they did buy used tickets.
Old 30 Jun 12, 05:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Which company was this?
Old 30 Jun 12, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We had a similar problem happen to us in November. We arrived to stay at HRH & when we went to Universal Studios we were sent over to guest services as our tickets wouldn't work. They then told us our tickets were stolen & confiscated them. All we were given when asked was a piece of paper with a photocopy of tickets stating void & they wrote on the bottom confiscated as stolen & stamped with a stamp that read Universal Studios. We were so embarrassed as they were quite loud about it all. We had no choice but to purchase new tickets on our credit card from Universal as we were staying the night. Eventually we did get Orlando Attractions to sort the problems with Universal & we did receive a refund for both sets of tickets & free complimentary tickets & $60 in Universal vouchers but it did really put a dampener on the holiday & we won't be rushing back to Universal after we've used the free tickets.

I feel the Investigations department are too quick to assume you're the guilt party. I realise they must get a lot of genuine cases of tickets being stolen but there are obviously flaws to their system. Ours tickets had apparently been cancelled by accident when some tickets were reported stolen by a customer of Orlando Attractions & Universal then cancelled the wrong no's. What made it even worse was that dd's ticket wasn't even cancelled so not sure why they told us it was. If the investigations department were doing their job correctly they could easily have resolved this there & then by calling Orlando Attractions.

The experience certainly hasn't put me off buying from a ticket seller (& i don't want others to be put off as we've never had problems before) but has made me more aware of problems that can occur.
Old 30 Jun 12, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TheWilsons View Post
Which company was this?
I too would appreciate knowing this as I have purchased tickets from an advertiser on the Dibb and would be more than mortified if this happened to me.
Old 30 Jun 12, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I too would like to know. I don't it's fair that people should part with hundreds of pounds for genuine tickets and they run a huge risk of not getting in.I have never had this issue before and I'm slightly worried it could be from where i've bought mine from
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 12, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post

When i originally read the beginning i thought it was from one of the resellers you see around the malls. Then i realised it was from one of the companies at the top of the page. I hope ours are ok, ive sorted everyones out. Imagine the horror if your told you have stolen passes. Mortified would be an understatement.

Hope you still managed to have a great stay.
Old 30 Jun 12, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by nuttyp View Post
When i originally read the beginning i thought it was from one of the resellers you see around the malls. Then i realised it was from one of the companies at the top of the page. I hope ours are ok, ive sorted everyones out. Imagine the horror if your told you have stolen passes. Mortified would be an understatement.

Hope you still managed to have a great stay.
Looking by your dates of travel, we could well be all standing at Universal on the same day with a "batch" of dodgy tickets.
Old 30 Jun 12, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post

ive got mine from travel company so if mine go wrong i will b heading to see the rep its disgusting when u pay that much and you get that trouble
Closed Thread