Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jan 13, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by familybell View Post
I ordered tickets during 'the glitch' the prices paid were hugely discounted and I fully expected my order to be cancelled, I dont understand why the OP wasnt a bit vary about the prices paid, especially as already stated they have bought theme park tickets in the past, the must have realised something was wrong. As with booking online I imagined that the contact would be via email and was constantly checking for a email to cancel my booking, I dont understand why the OP didnt, surely anyone would realise this was a huge pricing error and was most likely to be cancelled.
I did eventually rebook other tickets with ATD and got a nice discount, I was happy to use them as I understand this was an error but if I was so annoyed as the OP then I would be booking with another company not using the same company that had already caused so much stress.
I was very happy with the service, and would recommend.
To be honest we did not realise it was a glitch (or what ever) just thought it was a sale, do you think everything you buy cheap is a glitch? we got our flights and hotel for 2 people for 11nights for £1014 which is around a £900 price drop from when i first priced up our trip and decided it was to expensive this was for the same flight the same hotel on the same dates. we got a sony top of the range waterproff camera direct from sony for well over half the RRP. again no glitch, could go on with a list of things we have got on the cheap over the years! and YES in the past we have had some totaly amazing prices with theme park tickits both usa and uk. Like last year a special deal on annual pass for alton towers/merlin for £45 something pound direct from a merlin sale thing think should have been around the £140 mark.

So NO we did not think it would have been cancled or anything like that. BUT as our first post clearly says this is not about the glitch (again or what ever went wrong) its about what has happened since then.

YES we did recieve our confermation information VIA email but once we recieve a confermation email letter then its confermed and no I dont expect it to be canceled.
The strange thing is that our confermation email arrived in our normal in box on email account without any problem what so ever, yet the cancelation email (that we only recieved one of the two that was apparently sent) went straght in to our spam folder and was from someone called martin barton and also now any emails that have since been sent from ATD has gone in to our spam folder apart again from two emails that oliver has sent my partner today. so i have no idea what is wrong with the email's AOL are just flagging ATD emails as spam and sending straght to spam folder. as i have said our first order confermation was sent straght to normal email account and all the times we have booked in the past have all been OK and in normal email yet now all are sent to spam .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 13, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by fantasy View Post
I am in the process of ordering with ATD. I did last year and was happy. I think in all honesty it has been a mistake and let's face it nobody's perfect
Although I hope they learn from it because it should be a simple experience not stressfull :angry:
Totaly agree it should be a simple stress free experience BUT ours was not this time... As i have said we have used them many times in the past with out any problem. but customer service can change from year to year (or even day to day) I just wanted people to know of the problems we have had.

And also i am sure that we are not the only ones this could have happened to (hope no one else has been affected as bad as us) but if there is anyone else like us then its better they know about it rather then wait till last min and find out they have no tickets for a trip and now in a total panic about it.
Old 10 Jan 13, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by chrisbrad View Post
2) Incorrect Pricing

The child ticket was working fine which is why the adult price looked so cheap. Please please be assured though that this was a technical error and not just a pricing mistake.

Chris Bradshaw
Director
ATD Travel Services
Hi Chris

Sorry to tell you but the child 3-9yrs was also affected by the glitch (or what ever you want to call it).

I have printed the price page thing that i gave my partner when he book it this was so he knew what ticket i found when i was at work that night dated 29/12/2012. the page clearly says
Disney & Seaworld park combo pass 2013
Adult £89
Child £84
it has all the info on the printed paper like unlimited access to disney for 14 consecutive days ect...

Just so you know that it did effect both child and adult price as i am sure you need all the information to investigate the problem so that you can make sure this dose not happen again.

If you would like me to send it through to you if it would help then i am more than happy to do this for you (BUT obviously when we return as dont have the time now)

P.s. if you wish to contact us then oliver who has been dealing with the problem had our phone number and address ect. but you would be better to speak to simon as he had delt with all the booking ect.. i just do the reserch and pass the info on to him to sort .

Edited at 03:56 PM.
Old 10 Jan 13, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisbrad
Gone all Goofy
- DIBB Advertiser -

Hi cutekitty

Thanks for your message. I think at one point the child price was correct, but then that too went wrong as per your post, so thanks for confirming that...

We'll liaise with Simon should we need to investigate further and once again, sorry for all the problems you have experienced.

Every now and again things seem to conspire and everything that could go wrong with a booking does. Thankfully its very rare but i'm sorry that it happened to you guys. Rest assured that we will make sure everything is perfect for your holiday.

Enjoy
chrisbrad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 13, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for coming on here chris and giving us a breakdown of the issue. Its things like this that makes me use your site to purchase tickets year after year

Cheers
Old 10 Jan 13, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
markhunter
slightly serious Dibber

ive always found Florida Escapes cheaper and just as effective with deliveries etc, i have used them the last 2 years now.
Old 10 Jan 13, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ewalton1
Excited about Disney

ewalton1's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ratedr69 View Post
Thanks for coming on here chris and giving us a breakdown of the issue. Its things like this that makes me use your site to purchase tickets year after year

Cheers
I agree with the above.
And, in my opinion, if there hadn't been so many people trying to deliberately take advantage of what was quite obviously a mistake in the price, it would have been easier for the company to rectify the glitch and any other day-to-day issues (such as those experienced by the OP) in their usual efficient way.
(I'm going to run now as I expect loads of people will now shout at me for what I've just said... )
ewalton1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 13, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
thisismickey
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ewalton1 View Post
I agree with the above.
And, in my opinion, if there hadn't been so many people trying to deliberately take advantage of what was quite obviously a mistake in the price, it would have been easier for the company to rectify the glitch and any other day-to-day issues (such as those experienced by the OP) in their usual efficient way.
(I'm going to run now as I expect loads of people will now shout at me for what I've just said... )
Hey everyone makes mistakes, but it's how you deal with those mistakes that count.
Looking at this issue and the fact the op had an email from ATD they did their duties.
But not sending out the right tickets and not enough is a no no. Perhaps ATD need to change the way they send them out as in double checking, also sending tickets out with a date not suitable for your holiday is not good.
As I have posted in another thread I need to spend over £4000 on tickets but this has put me off some what, even though ATD have many plaudits for their Customer service.
Fair play to Chris for coming on and making a statement on ATD side of the story.

Edited at 06:08 PM. Reason: typo
thisismickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 13, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thisismickey View Post
Hey everyone makes mistakes, but it's how you deal with those mistakes that count.
Looking at this issue and the fact the op had an email from ATD they did their duties.
But not sending out the right tickets and not enough is a no no. Perhaps ATD need to change the way they send them out as in double checking, also sending tickets out with a date not suitable for your holiday is not good.
As I have posted in another thread I need to spend over £4000 on tickets but this has put me off some what, even though ATD have many plaudits for their Customer service.
Fair play to Chris for coming on and making a statement on ATD side of the story.
would I be right in thinking that ATD and Complete Orlando are the same? If so then CO forgot to put my Universal tickets in with my holiday tickets and accomodation a three years ago. I never even noticed for a week or 2 because I had booked accommodation etc as well and there were a lot of bits and pieces there. They immediately sent them when I called, but if I hadnt noticed at all (which is quite possible - a bit dozy)It would have caused a big row between hubby and I when we got there, so ALWAYS double check everthing as soon as you get them in, and preferably in front of the postie.
Lisa x

Edited at 06:45 PM.
LISAM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 13, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

I believe their was a error/glitch with Disney bookings not to long ago and they did not honour the bookings so how is this any different, has it put people off booking with Disney, no!
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread