Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 11 Mar 13, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post

I received this tonight too and I purchased through a cash back site, I tweeted my disgust to Expedia and they've asked for my details will let you know what they say. I bet it's because they are not making enough £££s on them. What a rip off!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 13, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Funny how when you book it it says under no circumstances can you cancel or get a refund but it's perfectly acceptable for them to do it?
Old 11 Mar 13, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
cashell
Getting to know the DIBB

Basically we have booked 14 Day Ultimate Tickets through Expedia, paid in full, received the vouchers and we have now had an email from them telling us that the tickets are no longer valid. They are offering us the chance to rebook identical tickets at approximately £20 per ticket more which seems odd considering they could just re-issue the tickets if there really was a genuine problem.
cashell is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 13, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gra
Getting Excited

So they can break there own terms & conditions. what a laugh.
Attractions rules and restrictions

Attractions & Services require prepayment. You will be charged in full for all selected Attractions & Services at the time of booking.
Attractions & Services availability and pricing are subject to change until full payment is received.
Terms and conditions vary by Activity or Service.See terms and conditions for each Activity or Service
Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida Tickets
All activities are at users' own risk. The 5-, 7-, and 14-day tickets expire 14 days after first date of use; the 21-day ticket expires 21 days after first date of use. All tickets and options are non-transferable. You may upgrade your ticket at the admission gate of any Walt Disney World® theme park.

Cancellations and Changes: This Activity cannot be changed or cancelled. No refunds, credits, exchanges, or cancellations of this Activity are allowed. Refunds will not be issued for unused or partially used attractions or services.
Old 11 Mar 13, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dollyfol View Post
I received this tonight too and I purchased through a cash back site, I tweeted my disgust to Expedia and they've asked for my details will let you know what they say. I bet it's because they are not making enough £££s on them. What a rip off!
I'm going to do the same! Which page did you use? X
Old 11 Mar 13, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
so you bought a ticket and they are not honouring the price then? I'd check the t and c, usually an errors and omissions get out for that sort of thing, but in any event if you got 12% cashback that's worth more than the £20 increase, isn't it?
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 13, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
SugarRush
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
This is all sorts of wrong. Do they have a Facebook page. Time to go there and link the read and find others in the same position. Also a wee email to watchdog too. Disgusting. The air would be blue across the country if it were me
Old 11 Mar 13, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshinetours
Excited about Disney

Yep same received tonight, not happy! Only booked due to cash back which made them cheaper than anywhere else and now prices may be higher elsewhere
sunshinetours is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 13, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Just been on the phone to them for a hour they were going to honour the previous price but I had to pay again now, told the customer service guy that I couldn't afford to pay until the refund was in my bank.

Trouble is doing that way you would not get the cashback, I worked it out even @£271 per ticket with cash back still only £238 per ticket, but how can you trust a company that operates like that might prefer to go though another seller and get the proper tickets
Old 11 Mar 13, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
so you bought a ticket and they are not honouring the price then? I'd check the t and c, usually an errors and omissions get out for that sort of thing, but in any event if you got 12% cashback that's worth more than the £20 increase, isn't it?

Not really the point though
Closed Thread