Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 9 Mar 16, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post

UPDATE P10: Beware buying Universal tickets through Expedia

I booked Universal tickets through Expedia a couple of weeks ago. It asked for a date, so I gave a date part way through our holiday because we weren't sure exactly when we would first get over to Universal.

So reading the voucher it says that it is only valid on the day on the voucher. So I tried to contact them to ask if it was possible to pick up the tickets on another day because now we know that we won't be there on that day.

Someone from their facebook team called me and was explaining that the tickets are only valid on the day on the voucher, but the worst of it is that he told me they are only 2 day tickets, not 14 day unlimited ones. Their website states:
The 2-Park Bonus Ticket entitles one (1) guest admission to Universal Studios Florida®, Universal’s Islands of Adventure® and the paid entertainment venues of Universal CityWalk® (“CityWalk”), on all days during a fourteen (14) consecutive calendar day period, which includes the first day that any portion of the ticket is used.

So I thought they were 14 day tickets, especially since they are the same price as 14 day tickets at every other seller. I only bought from Expedia because of the cashback and now it looks like we are truly screwed. They are not only not valid for the number of days we need but the date on them is wrong too which I didn't think would be a problem with 14 day unlimited tickets.

So beware what you're buying. Their website is not clear.

expedia/things-to-...ate=29/05/2016

I have to wait until Monday to speak to a supervisor but the man who called said they were non refundable and non changeable. I am absolutely gutted. I was just made redundant and this is £600 that we don't have to spend again

Edited at 06:46 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 16, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for sharing. I hope you get your refund and can then go buy the 14 day tickets elsewhere.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 16, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Demonwar
Very Serious Dibber

That's shocking, if true. Pretty much they are ripping you off, I doubt 2 day tickets cost that much.

One hope that could be the person you spoke to was wrong but I do notice a little 2d sign next to a clock on that page but that is terrible.

Don't wait until Monday! Get onto them tomorrow. Also hit them in the twitter/facebook feed that should speed up a response.

Hope you brought them via your credit card...
Demonwar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 16, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I would put money on the CS person being wrong and that they are 14 day tickets. Hope the manager calls back asap to clarify.
Old 9 Mar 16, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oh no, that's terrible, I really hope they sort it out for you, the paragraph you posted does read as if it's a 14 day ticket.
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 16, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

We've used these tickets many times and they're definitely the 14 day tickets. I think you've been unlucky and got someone who doesn't know what they're talking about. I'm sure you'd be ok to exchange the voucher on a different day.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 16, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

That guy from their Facebook team must have it wrong, think he is reading 2-park as 2-day .
The website is perfectly clear - 14 consecutive days

I'm sure when you get though to someone who knows what they are doing, that it will all be sorted and you will have 14 day tickets

Good luck
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 16, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
I would put money on the CS person being wrong and that they are 14 day tickets. Hope the manager calls back asap to clarify.
I agree with this, just read it again & that's a 14 day ticket.
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 16, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
missybpink
Very Serious Dibber

the information written is exactly the same info on the thomas cook page for their 2 park 14 day ticket i would put money on the person you spoke to not having a clue what they are talking about.
2018 ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE
missybpink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 16, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
spend an age last night with a dude from expedia with him telling me that a room that sleeps 4 has just one bed, no matter how many times i said how can one bed sleep 4, he just kept saying it is correct, eventually he called disney and confirmed it had a queen and bunkbeds, nice of him to call, but not sure they recruit their staff from yale