Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Aug 16, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
TJ68
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Alamo skip counter yesterday

Went straight to garage at mco plenty cars to choose from in compact car line picked a ford focus.keys already in.drove out to booth handed paperwork over and cc and license and off we went.very smooth and easy
TJ68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 16, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
TJ68
Very Serious Dibber

My car

My ford focus

Edited at 11:05 AM.
TJ68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 16, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
TillySmith
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by TJ68 View Post
My ford focus
Hi Good to know that all went well, Have a great time.

TillySmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
KiddaBoyo
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by TJ68 View Post
Went straight to garage at mco plenty cars to choose from in compact car line picked a ford focus.keys already in.drove out to booth handed paperwork over and cc and license and off we went.very smooth and easy
Perfect time to go go...since you missed today's bad weather. Have fun
KiddaBoyo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tink66
Apprentice Imagineer

Nice car. We are also going for a compact this time.
tink66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post

We are arriving Monday and have gone for a Full size Nissan Altima or similar. Please can someone clarify when you get to the garage how do you actually know which cars you can choose from. Are different categories of car in different rows or something like that. Not being familiar with American cars it would be hard to figure out which choice we have.
Is there an assistant stood nearby pointing at them or something?
Thank you
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
JoB
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisaloo View Post
We are arriving Monday and have gone for a Full size Nissan Altima or similar. Please can someone clarify when you get to the garage how do you actually know which cars you can choose from. Are different categories of car in different rows or something like that. Not being familiar with American cars it would be hard to figure out which choice we have.
Is there an assistant stood nearby pointing at them or something?
Thank you
Yes there are Alamo staff in the garage to direct you to the row of cars that you can select from. We always have full size and LOVE the Dodge Charger
This year the car we wanted wasn't in the row so they called and got one brought over for us. The Alamo garage staff have always been really helpful.
Joanne
JoB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
redscouse2
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just to add I was unable to do skip the counter just online check in but I was sent straight to th garage by an Alamo rep and got my car within 5 minutes! Very straight forward 👍
redscouse2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JoB View Post
Yes there are Alamo staff in the garage to direct you to the row of cars that you can select from. We always have full size and LOVE the Dodge Charger
This year the car we wanted wasn't in the row so they called and got one brought over for us. The Alamo garage staff have always been really helpful.
Joanne
Thanks Joanne I will tell my partner to look out for one of those. Does it have plenty of boot space can you remember?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JoB
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisaloo View Post
Thanks Joanne I will tell my partner to look out for one of those. Does it have plenty of boot space can you remember?
I looked at the boot sizes and the Dodge Charger and the Chevrolet Impala were the biggest for boot space in the full size range when we went. We were able to fit all our cases in the boot, 3 larger cases, 2 cabin cases plus kid's rucksacks.I like everything to fit in the boot so that nothing is on show then we can pop to Publix on the way to our hotel.
JoB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread