Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Aug 16, 02:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Watecc
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile out here now -road tolls

We arrived this evening and not sure where we were going ended up at a toll rd exit where you either needed a pass or coins. it was $1 and we only have 1$ notes or 50cents in coins. we could pay with notes so not knowing what to do we just oaid with the only coins we had so were 50 cents short. What will happen its bothering me?
Watecc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Usually there is a flash as you drive forward which indicates that your number plate has been recorded. Whoever you have booked the car with will be sent a bill from the toll company which they will pay and in turn debit that payment to your credit card. Relax and enjoy your holiday.
Old 19 Aug 16, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
macgasbp
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi , Don't worry I did the a similar thing in May and when I went thru the toll at Celebration and the one just before that , so two tolls in total ... I booked the car with Alamo and they just charged my CC for £4.45 ... so go and enjoy your trip and don't worry
macgasbp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Ros & Jim
Imagineer

As others have said, don't worry. We had to change cars half way through a 6 week stay this year and kept telling ourselves we must remember to take the sun pass off the windscreen (we have our own). We had been so focused on this we promptly forgot to put it on the windscreen of the new car! Had gone through several tolls before we realised what we had done. DH phoned up Sunpass trying to pay what we owed but they couldn't help so we fully expected a charge from the car hire company. Sure enough, it appeared on our credit card bill once we were home. Enjoy your holiday, all will be well.
Old 19 Aug 16, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Watecc
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks very much - i will just get on and enjoy now!
Watecc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

who is your car hire with? it its alamo, you'll be charged automatically for the toll, plus the (relatively low) admin fee
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Hi
A little tip - If you come across unmanned tolls again put coins in one at a time, if you throw them in all at once sometimes they don't all register
Rob
Lisbon is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread