Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 8 Jan 17, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Personally I don't think they will ( but what do I know ) but they have a new hotel and brilliant water park opening and prices have shot up for both tickets and hotel stays and there's still demand as it's still cheaper than Disney and they seem to be taking a lot of business away from Disney. As you read on here everyday lots if people are fed up with the whole way Disney is working at the moment. its around £15 a day for universal 3 park ( buying the uk tickets anyway) so really good value. Thing is most people don't want the whole 14 days.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
With Disney tickets being reduced, there were murmurings on the Dibb about whether Universal would follow suit. I'm basically asking if anyone has heard anything more concrete than murmurings.
I've not heard any murmuring on a Universal price reduction. I don't expect to see any major reductions.

Mind you, I didn't expect Disney to reduce their ticket prices so much. So who knows!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post

not seen or heard anything about Universal reducing tickets and, tbh, I would have thought other than the black friday deal (which I managed to get) that they won't do a reduction with the new Volcano Bay park opening and with the ever popular HP extension then they have absolutely no need to whereas Disney are losing customers by the bucket load so they needed to do something.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by MandyJ72 View Post
whereas Disney are losing customers by the bucket load so they needed to do something.
Are they?

I know Disney reported a 4% drop in attendance over the summer months (mind you, park revenue was up 6%) back in August. But I thought numbers were back on track since then?

Surprisingly, Disney UK increased the price of their tickets just after announcing that visitor numbers had dropped.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post

universal tickets

I have contacted floridatix today.
As universal tickets have actually gone up since i priced them in november.

for us as a family of 5 it's gone up by £79

So i would like to know if prices will come down.

also informed that if i paid deposit then my price i paid will be held.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Also looking for a price reduction on the Universal tickets so if anyone does find a good deal please make sure you post on the Dibb
Old 12 Jan 17, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
As you read on here everyday lots if people are fed up with the whole way Disney is working at the moment.
I've read this sentiment a few times but honestly, I've no idea what's meant by it. Now, I'm not a very frequent visitor, last time was Sept last year though, but I've always been more than happy with Disney. The whole experience and magic is just as good for us as ever and we never lose the thrill of heading through the gates of their parks. For me, there's still no one can touch Disney for the special atmosphere they create. Ok, they may not always have the best rides, but it's not always about that. You can get great rides at Alton Towers, but it's a dead soulless pace and I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Well, now that I've 'defended' Disney , what is it that folk are unhappy about?
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I've read this sentiment a few times but honestly, I've no idea what's meant by it. Now, I'm not a very frequent visitor, last time was Sept last year though, but I've always been more than happy with Disney. The whole experience and magic is just as good for us as ever and we never lose the thrill of heading through the gates of their parks. For me, there's still no one can touch Disney for the special atmosphere they create. Ok, they may not always have the best rides, but it's not always about that. You can get great rides at Alton Towers, but it's a dead soulless pace and I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Well, now that I've 'defended' Disney , what is it that folk are unhappy about?
There has been massive threads on here recently about poor service, poor cast members , dirty rooms, dirty parks, price increases , charging for ridiculous things , monorail and transport problems, poor dining , losing the Disney magic. It's not just this site it's many American sites as well.
I love Disney but since our last trip in Nov 2015 it certainly has lost its shine at the moment , constantly reading about the changes. They shut half of hs durng our last trip but didn't announce it all until a few weeks before we went. It's also shown as Disney park numbers are down, people are talking with their feet.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I am following this with interest as we need Universal tickets, but haven't bought them yet, as Disney is a must do for us and Universal isn't. Would be good if we could get them a bit cheaper.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
jacy29
Proud to wear my Ears

Following
jacy29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List