Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 28 Sep 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I've been told my 2019 points don't expire until June 2021 now. They don't know if they can make an exception after that for people who have travel bans.
who told you that ? ? ? Member services ? ? ?

as ive just tried to transfer 20 points that i had rented out and was told that banked points cannot be transferred and the 20 points will expire may 31
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

I have an April use year and had points that would expire at the end of March 2021.

I had spoken to Member Services on two occasions but they said I would have to wait until next year to see what would happen about the expiring points.

So I emailed Member Services about the situation and and not wanting to lose the points.

I got a phone call today from Member Services and after discussing not being able to gain entry this year to America they asked what I was looking for (although I had thought I said n the email) I said I wanted to be able to bring the rest of my expiring points over in 2021. This would mean I wouldn’t lose points and then wouldn’t have to borrow half of my 2022 points to go next year.

They went off to speak to someone and came back and said YES!

It all got sorted out over the phone and the borrowed points from 2022 got returned to their year.

If you are in this position I would definitely recommend emailing.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Rent them out on a FB group Jo. I've rented 60 banked points over Halloween to two American families. I got $14 per point for one of the reservations, better than nothing.
Which group did you use? I have some points I would be interested in renting out either as points or as a reservation. But I am not very au fair with FB.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Which group did you use? I have some points I would be interested in renting out either as points or as a reservation. But I am not very au fair with FB.
Hey Jan, have a look at this thread, I posted details on there about the FB page. It's a very busy page, several Dibbers have since managed to rent reservations / points on there.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Hey Jan, have a look at this thread, I posted details on there about the FB page. It's a very busy page, several Dibbers have since managed to rent reservations / points on there.
Thank you.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsmummy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Andi View Post
I have an April use year and had points that would expire at the end of March 2021.

I had spoken to Member Services on two occasions but they said I would have to wait until next year to see what would happen about the expiring points.

So I emailed Member Services about the situation and and not wanting to lose the points.

I got a phone call today from Member Services and after discussing not being able to gain entry this year to America they asked what I was looking for (although I had thought I said n the email) I said I wanted to be able to bring the rest of my expiring points over in 2021. This would mean I wouldn’t lose points and then wouldn’t have to borrow half of my 2022 points to go next year.

They went off to speak to someone and came back and said YES!

It all got sorted out over the phone and the borrowed points from 2022 got returned to their year.

If you are in this position I would definitely recommend emailing.

Can I ask, were your expiring points banked from 2019, or were they 2020 use year? As I'm in the exact same situation, have 200 points from 2019, banked to 2020 which will expire in March 2021.

I've phoned member services and was told nothing could be done as they had already been banked. So I'm stuck with losing them and can't borrow what we need from 2022.

Can you advise which email address you contacted and how you worded it? As this would be ideal for us if we could get the same resolution.

Thanks
Old 11 Oct 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scottsmummy View Post
Can I ask, were your expiring points banked from 2019, or were they 2020 use year? As I'm in the exact same situation, have 200 points from 2019, banked to 2020 which will expire in March 2021.

I've phoned member services and was told nothing could be done as they had already been banked. So I'm stuck with losing them and can't borrow what we need from 2022.

Can you advise which email address you contacted and how you worded it? As this would be ideal for us if we could get the same resolution.

Thanks
I’m the same with a use year of March and emailed once again (following Andi’s post) and received a call yesterday from DVC - they were very nice but the bottom line was no we need to wait until January and before the RCI deadline and they would look again!

When they called I thought they were calling to say yes but afraid not! Seems no consistency here!
Old 12 Oct 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsmummy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by shepherdypie View Post
I’m the same with a use year of March and emailed once again (following Andi’s post) and received a call yesterday from DVC - they were very nice but the bottom line was no we need to wait until January and before the RCI deadline and they would look again!

When they called I thought they were calling to say yes but afraid not! Seems no consistency here!
I think it's the inconsistency that's the issue too. We had bought one time use points and got 3 different answers before they eventually refunded them.

Will email anyway and see what they say
Old 12 Oct 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I have a December use year and had all of my 2018 points banked into 2020 due to a long planned Aulani trip. As they had already been banked I was told more than once that nothing could be done to save them, even though they extended the use of some earlier months points - so I ended up renting them out on Facebook - for less that they were worth, but I panicked and just wanted to get shot of them as I don’t want anything that RCI was offering.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
PENELOPE
Imagineer

I had 75 points that run out at the end of Sept that i'd banked from last year. I rented them out to a lovely family from Palm Beach and now have a new pen friend in to the bargain. It was a win win situation for me as I really didn't want to go down the RCI route. The way I look at it is anything is better than nothing and at least i've covered the cost of our dues in January and a little more.
PENELOPE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List