Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Oct 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

Florida 2019 - Tell Me This Isn't The Last Time - Day 11 - AK, Orlando Starflyer & Longhorn

The index is here.

Tuesday 6th August 2019

Today’s plan was a visit to AK as we had FPs for Expedition Everest, Navi’i River Journey and Kali River Rapids, maybe Posner Park in the afternoon to look around JC Penney and Dicks, then dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse.

We had breakfast at the villa and the went to AK, still can’t get over the fact that parking is now $25 (£20.66).

First ride was Dinosaur and then we headed to Expedition Everest for our FP; the standby queue was a walk on, so we managed to go on it three times in a row

From there we went to Festival of Lion King; we love this but no matter how many times we’ve seen it, we’re always Warthogs!

After the show, we walked to the café on the corner and grabbed some snacks. DW had Samba Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich, DD1 had Malva Cake and DD2 had Pineapple Doll Whip.

I had the best of all world; didn’t buy one but had some of all three and they were all lovely. Total was $19.14 (£15.42).

We walked to Pandora and went on the Navi’I River Journey; it was the first time for us and we all really liked it.

After this the park was getting really hot so we decided to leave the park and head to I-Drive 360 for Orlando StarFlyer.

DW and DD2 have been wanting to go on the StarFlyer all holiday and they are utterly mad; if you’re not familiar with it, it’s the massive spinning tower you can see as you drive up the i4; it’s 450 ft high and spins at 45 mph.

Stock photo so you can see how mad they are

They were being held in place by the tiniest lap restraint I’ve ever seen in my life; it literally took off and went up, up, up and up! DD2 was told at one point not to talk anymore as DW was scared to death  DD1 and were just in awe at them doing it but also laughing our heads off  It was $30 (£24.79) for both and you could return the same day for $10 each.
From there was a visit to Shake Shack; now I’ve never heard of Shake Shack but DD1 was dying to grab some food. Even got Wine and Beer on tap

DD2 had Chicken bites and coke; DW and I had Shack burger, fries and Coke Zero, DD1 had Double Shack burger and vanilla milk shake.

The burgers were so good; full of juice and taste, so much so that DD1 had to have a second burger
The cost was $50.71 (£41.62) and would recommend it. The nearest one to us back in the UK is in London so we make sure whenever we’re there we eat in one. The one in Covent Garden is small and a bit of a pain but there is one by Tottenham Court Road which is big and a lot easier

After food we headed to Super Target on the 192 to have a look around and grab some food and gifts. Typical Floridian weather, there was no more than about 90 mins between the sky flyer and this photo.

We didn’t get much and then headed back to the villa for the afternoon. Dinner was at Longhorn; this was another first on our list and we were looking forward it.

First bit of good news was it was $5.99 margaritas

Bread was brought to the table whilst we were looking at the menu; it was lovely, so we did cheekily ask for another one through the meal.

We had some spicy chicken bites to start as a sharer and ordered some drinks; DDs had cokes and DW had margaritas whereas I had water as I was driving and you can have enough of coke.

DD2 and I had filet steak with fries and Caesar salad; DD1 had chicken tenders and fries; DW had Outlaw ribeye, fries and Caesar salad.

The meal was superb; much better than Mannys (we’ll come on to that on another day) and the whole family loved it. It was slightly expensive at $142 (£117.36), we did sign up before coming out and got $5 discount but have to say it was worth it and it’ll be on our list for next time.

We went back to the villa where DDs swam and I started making an impact on the fridge

A really good mix today; a bit of Disney, a bit of chilling and really good food. DD2 and DW recommend Skyflyer (insanity certificate required if you ask me); both Shake Shack and Longhorn were very good.

Really looking forward to tomorrow; DHS with lunch at Sci-Fi Dine In, bit of shopping in the afternoon and then watching the fireworks in the evening from our own boat in the Seven Seas Lagoon. Day 12 can be found here

Edited at 10:00 AM.
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Not for me the Star Flyer , your DW was brave going on it.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I nice mix of things done today :spin very brave of your wife and daughter Longhorn is our favourite steak restaurant

Joan
Old 17 Oct 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Loving your reports, could never ever go on that ride
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

I could never go on the Starflyer, it looks terrifying.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

Jeez that ride 😮
I watch in awe every time we are on I Drive, not for the faint hearted so well done to them 👍
Need to try Shake Stack if we get there next year 🤞
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List