Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Oct 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Underactive thyroid possibility

I seem to have most of the symptoms of this. Have for years but never really connected them, and it’s got much worse in the past couple of weeks. And on top of that I’ve been on my period for 17 days, which is fun.

I spoken to the gp on Wednesday got bloodtests on Thursday and he said results should be back Friday or Monday. But he’ll only contact me if somethings wrong.

If I’m honest I’m hoping it picks something up, as I’m so tired, cold and miserable. I’m just concerned it’ll come back just into normal ranges so nothing will be done. I’m missing classes because I’m too tired to get up. I’m sleeping 12 hours and still being tired. I’m currently on the couch under my duvet. The sleeping twelve hours is not unusual due to meds I’m on but the still being tired after sleeping has got so much worse in the last two three weeks.

I’m just so fed up.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Have they done a full blood count and testing for other things?
My daughters friend was convinced she had an under active thyroid but it turned out it was a vitamin D deficiency.
I have an under active thyroid and although the thyroxine medication make things a bit better its never perfect. I am always tired, always struggle with weight, dry skin, hair loss. So I do hope it is something more simple to treat for you 💗
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Have they done a full blood count and testing for other things?
My daughters friend was convinced she had an under active thyroid but it turned out it was a vitamin D deficiency.
I have an under active thyroid and although the thyroxine medication make things a bit better its never perfect. I am always tired, always struggle with weight, dry skin, hair loss. So I do hope it is something more simple to treat for you 💗
Waiting for blood test results at the moment. Doctor said they were testing everything.

Thanks, I’m hoping it’s vitamin d too but just exploring all possibilities.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
If your periods are often long lasting as mine were you could be anaemic too. Have you noticed hair loss? I was also cold tired and miserable all the time and assumed it was the Marathon training x
Old 24 Oct 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
If your periods are often long lasting as mine were you could be anaemic too. Have you noticed hair loss? I was also cold tired and miserable all the time and assumed it was the Marathon training x
Im probably deficient in everyth8ng knowing me lol, I do sort of take vitamins but I need to take them regularly.

I have so much hair I haven’t really noticed anything but maybe more than normal comes out in the shower.

My dads partner says I could be anaemic Or just low iron levels (I take vitamins with iron in them but like I said above I don’t take them regularly), my periods usually last like 10 days but this one is lots more, it depends cos I don’t keep track, which isn’t the best.
Old 24 Oct 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

10 days is a long time! Xx

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
10 days is a long time! Xx
I was going to say the same thing. You could well be anaemic if this is the case. When you get your results you doctor will be able to advise and you will start to feel better really quickly once you are on the right supplements or meds. In the meantime take care of yourself, eat well and rest. Hope you are ok.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
A lot of the sleeping is a symptom of depression too.
How is your weight? I am hypo thyroid and it’s my biggest symptom. I’m rarely cold and have a head full of hair but my weight is a nightmare
Old 24 Oct 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
A lot of the sleeping is a symptom of depression too.
How is your weight? I am hypo thyroid and it’s my biggest symptom. I’m rarely cold and have a head full of hair but my weight is a nightmare
I always been overweight so can’t really judge, I put on 50kg really easily because if a medication I had to go on. But I put on weight easily.
Old 24 Oct 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
I have auto immune thyroid and was diagnosed sept 2018. Since then I have had one thing after another wrong with me, some linked to thyroid and some not but who knows. Its a horrible condition and it never seems to level out, medication takes upto 6 weeks to kick in and you do feel slightly better but never how you used to, well I haven't. I take my levothyroxine religiously but weight just goes up and up. Also medication that I take for other things also makes me put on weight. The thyroid controls so many things in your body that the normal things i.e. hair loss, weight gain, fatigue, aches and pains are only the tip of the iceberg. Last year I had low bp and bradycardia all down to thyroid, my heart rate was in the 40s. Its not a pleasant thing to have, if the doctor is not willing to do full thyroid panel (alot gps don't), then do a private one online, that should cover all your vitamin levels as well. Good luck and I hope you get it resolved soon, take care.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List