Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Abi, Aaron & Edith's first stay at DLP!

Hello all!

I've come over to the DLP planning / Trippy side of the Dibb for the first time ever as we have recently booked a trip! So exciting.

You may already know who we are from our WDW trip reports but if not, here is a quick rundown.

Me, Abi. 32 years young (will be 33 at time of visit). Disney fan, tired mother and food obsessed. Most looking forward to seeing a different park, experiencing a few new rides and visiting with friends.

Hubby, Aaron. Same age as me. Much more appreciative of Disney now we have a daughter. Food & drink fan. Most looking forward to seeking out the best cocktails & seeing Edith meet the characters.

Daughter, Edith. Just turned one but will be nearer 18 months when we travel. Speed walker, character lover, all round little beauty that we are so lucky to have.

Here we are at Edith's Christening back in July, I don't seem to have any more recent pics with all three of us...

In a very exciting twist for us, we will also be travelling with friends. Sarah, my best friend from high school, her husband James (weirdly a family friend of mine from childhood) and their beautiful daughter Maisie who will be 3 years and 8 months when we travel. They have been twice previously with Maisie and their trips have sounded amazing! I'm not sure they want their photos on the internet but ill sneak in this one of Maisie as I am completely obsessed with her hair and I just have to share it! How incredible are these curls!?

So onto how this trip came about...

We have always loved Florida, I visited as a child in 1995 and dreamed of going back for years. in 2009, Aaron and I finally bit the bullet and booked a cheap week on Idrive. It was an incredible holiday and it led to a bit of an obsession over the next 9 years. In that time we have re visited 9 times, throwing in a couple of Disney CA visits too! The dream.

We were well aware that when we decided to start a family, the holidays would have to give. I am now only working part time and Disney trips to Florida are pretty pricey as you all know! We were very fortunate & managed to visit twice this year with Edith, using money I had saved prior to her birth. Both trips were INCREDIBLE!

January 2017 - Edith 3 months

April 2017 - Edith 6 months

We found Disney to be so accommodating to babies, we experienced lots of rides, met a lot of characters and just loved every minute!

Having visited DLP for a day back in 2007 (we got the train from Paris), we were pretty un-enamored.

Dyeing at how young we look in these pics, the only 2 I have of this trip

It had been a horribly busy day, we managed 2 rides I think, watched the parade & then left. Aaron since, has been very unwilling to re visit. I had mentioned to him a few times this year, that I thought DLP was a good idea.. Not only could we realistically not afford Florida, but the thought of a 9 hour flight with Edith now she walks puts the fear of death into me! I had to get my Disney fix from somewhere.

Fate stepped in for me when on a Saturday night last month, our friends came over for dinner and they mentioned they would be going in March... JEALOUS! I hit Aaron up straight away, using the fact that having James there as a drinking buddy and Maisie there to make the trip even more incredible for Edith would make it a completely different experience from last time. Also staying on site with 4 days in the park, early morning access and fast passes would make it very unlike a day trip where we didn't achieve much. Im actually still amazed by how quickly he agreed!

1 week later, we had booked!

4 nights at the Sequoia Lodge, 5 days park tickets, Eurotunnel travel so we can take everything for Edith... done!

We also took advise from Dibbers and booked the upgrade to the Golden Forrest - from what I understand, this includes a breakfast in a quieter part of the hotel, dedicated check in, a clubroom style snack opportunity in the afternoon and an additional daily fastpass!

We also upgraded to halfboard plus which seemed reasonable & we paid an additional £20 for the character breakfast at Plaza Gardens. Exciting!

The total cost for the trip is £1204.28. This is almost exactly what I have just paid for a recent self catering week in Mallorca, so to think we have Disney tickets and food included for that price it seems like very good value. We did take advantage of the 2 free nights offer so maybe that's why it was so reasonable. Also, I have heard that March is a quiet time too, fingers crossed for low queue times!

The final booking I have made is a stay at the Premier Inn Folkstone the night before we travel on the Eurotunnel, this was £35. Sarah & James have booked in too.

So I guess that's where ill leave this for now. Please let me know any restaurant recommendations as i'm completely new to all things DLP! Also any other tips you can share would be much appreciated!

Bye for now!

Edited at 12:16 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

i quite fancy dlp again,so i will look out for the trippie x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Sounds like a nice trip.
Edith is so cute.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Looking forward to reading along. Your plans sound great.

Love the old and new photos!

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

Looking forward to this! We are booked for June when our wee one will be 19 months, can’t wait for her first time in Disney!
KristyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
i quite fancy dlp again,so i will look out for the trippie x
Thanks for reading along!

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
Sounds like a nice trip.
Edith is so cute.
Thankyou

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Looking forward to reading along. Your plans sound great.

Love the old and new photos!

M x
Thanksyou, I love an old photo

Originally Posted by KristyA View Post
Looking forward to this! We are booked for June when our wee one will be 19 months, can’t wait for her first time in Disney!
How exciting! Are you staying onsite?
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Looking forward to seeing how you go with a toddler this time.

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

How exciting! Are you staying onsite?
Yes, we’re staying at Newport Bay. Have stayed both there and at Sequoia before but last time I was there was 10 years ago. Would love to do Florida but the 8 hour flight with a toddler also makes me nervous so think this is a good stop gap! 😀
KristyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gwilspeed View Post
Looking forward to seeing how you go with a toddler this time.

I'm sure it will be both fun & challenging

Originally Posted by KristyA View Post
Yes, we’re staying at Newport Bay. Have stayed both there and at Sequoia before but last time I was there was 10 years ago. Would love to do Florida but the 8 hour flight with a toddler also makes me nervous so think this is a good stop gap! 😀
Oh yes! We did Fl when ours was tiny but now she walks, the idea of that flight scares me to death! Haha. Paris just seems more achievable. I'm really looking forward to it!
Old 24 Oct 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We love DLP. We have been over 20 times and had annual passes for many years. I think you will have a great time. Sequoia Lodge is also a great hotel and it’s nice to be able to just walk to the parks.

On a side note, the flight to Orlando with a toddler is actually ok,you would be surprised. We took DS when he was 20 months and I was dreading the flight, but he was fine. We walked up and down the plane a few times and gave him some special treats - food wise and a few toys. He slept a lot too, but we did have his own seat and it was a godsend, I’d recommend paying for one if you can. We went again with him at 3 and again no problem. The toddler years are magical, so if you get a chance to go, don’t let the flight put you off x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List