Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 7 Jun 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicole_rourke
Trying for More Ears

Florida weddding

Hello,

Please can anyone help. Possibly looking to get married in Disney in September when we go over, instead of getting married at the registry office over here, why not do it in Disney 😊 however we would like a few pictures taken somewhere to remember the day. There will be myself and partner and two kids and the registry office will be about 25 mins drive from port Orleans were we are staying for the full two weeks. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe pictures taken at the grand Floridian beach or something nice like that. Any ideas welcome

Thanks 😊

Edited at 05:25 PM.
Nicole_rourke is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
flang
Excited about Disney

We got married at the swan and dolphin in march and had tons of photos around broadwalk, polynesian and the grand floridian. we were even lucky enough to get shots inside the wedding pavillion.
If you are looking to getting married then i think you are pushing it time wise.
Old 16 Jun 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Are you thinking of getting married AT Disney or at the courthouse ?
I thought the courthouse was a bit too plain so got married about forty minutes drive from Disney at a wedding chapel , whole thing including licence and photos was $400.
You'd still be able to book or three months time.
Disney you can add a naught to the price and would struggle to book now.
Just the Courthouse , we went and collected our licence and there was a couple there wanting to get married there and then and they were told the wait would be about twenty minutes. Cost was under $100 but you can't have photos of the ceremony itself.

Edited at 01:03 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
beezer
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Are you thinking of getting married AT Disney or at the courthouse ?
I thought the courthouse was a bit too plain so got married about forty minutes drive from Disney at a wedding chapel , whole thing including licence and photos was $400.
You'd still be able to book or three months time.
Disney you can add a naught to the price and would struggle to book now.
Just the Courthouse , we went and collected our licence and there was a couple there wanting to get married there and then and they were told the wait would be about twenty minutes. Cost was under $100 but you can't have photos of the ceremony itself.
We got married at the courthouse and we could take photos .The staff even gave us time t take some why they got the certificate ready We also took some photos outside the Courthouse. The room isn't much, just plain with a some artifictual flowers . We then when to the Magic Kingdom and took some more photos with our Mickey ears on (bride and groom ones).
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfans
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We got married at the courthouse in September 2017. We also stayed at port Orleans riverside.
We booked Randy Chapman for photos after. We had them done at port Orleans and at the yacht and beach club.
We took our own photos at the courthouse. They gave us as much time as we wanted. We used a video camera on a tripod and used the auto function on the camera too for group photos. It was just me hubby and my 2 children. We then went for a late lunch at chef Mickey's so we could get photos with the characters in our wedding outfits.
As my children were 19 and 15 we stayed at the polynesian for our wedding night and they went back to port Orleans.
PM me if you have any questions or I can help in anyway xx
Old 27 Jun 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My friends got married at the Poly. We had some photos there and then walked to the Grad Flo. We had some pictures at the wedding chapel on the way and then on the grad staircase in the Flo. The pictures were amazing
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List