Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Jun 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

OP not sure if you’ll have access to transport but one of our favourite cheap eats is a Publix cooked chicken. If I remember correctly it was around $15 for the chicken and a couple of sides, and a pack of rolls. Did five of us (at the time: 2A,2C and a toddler) for dinner and the leftovers went on the rolls for the next day’s lunch.
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WeHeartOrlando View Post
OP not sure if you’ll have access to transport but one of our favourite cheap eats is a Publix cooked chicken. If I remember correctly it was around $15 for the chicken and a couple of sides, and a pack of rolls. Did five of us (at the time: 2A,2C and a toddler) for dinner and the leftovers went on the rolls for the next day’s lunch.
No we won’t will be using ubers and the trolly. We will go to Walmart on our first day though.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TillySmith View Post
Steak n Shake are one of the chains that have gone bust since the pandemic.
Oh no? I read they were closing some places but didn't realise it was all of them! What a pity
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 03:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Oh no? I read they were closing some places but didn't realise it was all of them! What a pity
It isn't all of them. I keep getting Facebook ads trying to get me to buy a franchise! From the comments they seem to be trying to sell off poorly performing company owned locations to gullible investors.
Old 10 Jun 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneyleo View Post
No we won’t will be using ubers and the trolly. We will go to Walmart on our first day though.
In that case definitely stock up on breakfast things for your room. And plenty of snacks like cereal bars etc.
My kids love the little cheesy goldfish snacks. Always good to replenish energy while waiting in queues!

Cicis has been mentioned already, cheap and cheerful pizza.

We’ve also used Golden Corral, if you go earlier in the day before they change from lunch to dinner you can save a bit of money.

Friendly’s is also very good. We’ve mostly did breakfasts there. Huge pancakes and really great with kids.

Almost everywhere will have coupons for free kids meals, or money off. A lot of places have like a happy hour time or a certain night where kids eat free etc. There’s money to be saved.

Also if you avoid having fizzy drinks when eating out and just have water. This can save money too. But the drinks are usually free refills.

Another place that isn’t the cheapest but is great for keeping the kids entertained is Dave and Busters. We went there for the first time last year. It’s like a sports bar with a huge games arcade. We shared one of their platters between four of us I think it had mini burgers and fried shrimp and other stuff. Because that was over a certain amount we got a free gaming card worth $10 I think. So my boys got to go off and play the arcade machines giving the adults some peace 😂

Edited to add Friendly’s and D&B are both right next to the Rosen you have booked

Edited at 09:51 AM.
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WeHeartOrlando View Post
In that case definitely stock up on breakfast things for your room. And plenty of snacks like cereal bars etc.
My kids love the little cheesy goldfish snacks. Always good to replenish energy while waiting in queues!

Cicis has been mentioned already, cheap and cheerful pizza.

We’ve also used Golden Corral, if you go earlier in the day before they change from lunch to dinner you can save a bit of money.

Friendly’s is also very good. We’ve mostly did breakfasts there. Huge pancakes and really great with kids.

Almost everywhere will have coupons for free kids meals, or money off. A lot of places have like a happy hour time or a certain night where kids eat free etc. There’s money to be saved.

Also if you avoid having fizzy drinks when eating out and just have water. This can save money too. But the drinks are usually free refills.

Another place that isn’t the cheapest but is great for keeping the kids entertained is Dave and Busters. We went there for the first time last year. It’s like a sports bar with a huge games arcade. We shared one of their platters between four of us I think it had mini burgers and fried shrimp and other stuff. Because that was over a certain amount we got a free gaming card worth $10 I think. So my boys got to go off and play the arcade machines giving the adults some peace 😂

Edited to add Friendly’s and D&B are both right next to the Rosen you have booked
Thankyou that’s very helpful. Dave and busters sounds really good think my kids would enjoy that if it’s open when we go.

I’m gonna stock up on some of the concentrated juice before we go to take for the kids so that should save some money too. We are happy to use the water fountains round the parks too but will probably get one of those coke freestyle cups one between the three of us at universal as will get our moneys worth for sure.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Just wanted to say thank you for this post as finding all the suggestions super helpful. We are planning our first ever off site stay in feb 7 nights seaworld end and then 8 nights near universal. Got a good deal on flights so are trying to do this on a bit of a budget.
If anyone has any suggestions for resturaunt near seaworld that would be most appreciated we are staying at the staybridge suites and wont have a car.
natanddaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TillySmith View Post
Steak n Shake are one of the chains that have gone bust since the pandemic.
It's closed some of its locations, but not all of them. Thank goodness - love Steak N Shake.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JanetteP View Post
A couple more. Wendy's 4 for $4, Steak & Shake 4 items for $4 and half price milkshakes weekdays 2-5.
Glad it's not just me. Got to love Steak'n'Shake. Wonderful burgers good shakes and as cheap as chips

Old 10 Jun 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JanetteP View Post
It's closed some of its locations, but not all of them. Thank goodness - love Steak N Shake.
The one along from Crossroads remains open at this moment in time. Yaay!