Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Jun 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mark1994
slightly serious Dibber

Mark1994's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by CheshireCat4 View Post
To be honest we're hoping for a cancellation, but trying to just prepare in case it goes ahead!

I can deal with the restrictions, and it's totally not about the alcohol for me just the atmosphere if the shutters are down in lots of places.

Hope that makes sense!
100% with you on that. It is part of the atmosphere for sure. Even if you don't drink. I will treat myself to one or two around Epoct. But the Mrs likes to have the option of a cocktail if we're out for a meal, and on the odd occasion will indulge herself.
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

We stay on site, and to be honest could happily go the full holiday without a drink. For me it's just this on top of other limited openings and closures and it's just one more restriction. I don't fancy going when the shutters are down on so many places
I stay on site too. But I've been reading the news reports and the bars are a major cause of all the new cases that Florida is getting. Surely anything which helps prevent the spread even more is a good thing.

Edited at 10:38 PM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

We stay on site, and to be honest could happily go the full holiday without a drink. For me it's just this on top of other limited openings and closures and it's just one more restriction. I don't fancy going when the shutters are down on so many places
Limited openings & closures may be the least of your worries with the explosion of COVID in Florida; an almost doubling of cases in just 1 day!
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCat4
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Limited openings & closures may be the least of your worries with the explosion of COVID in Florida; an almost doubling of cases in just 1 day!
Yeah I'm just reading now! We're just hoping it gets cancelled to be honest. Was a frequenter on the positvity thread but it's just getting a bit much
CheshireCat4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

I think it's only a temporary measure and will be lifted once we begin to re-open again, so by the time flights are allowed, the ban should be gone.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
All cancelled...9000 new cases in Fl today... certainly not risking my life for a holiday I can take next year
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by dvc View Post
All cancelled...9000 new cases in Fl today... certainly not risking my life for a holiday I can take next year
Totally agree with this these past few days really shows that they have now idea what they are doing. And if he gets in again in Nov I don't think it will get better and this year
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

I think Disney will think again about reopening so soon! I just think the cases are going to continue to rise & the opening will be put back, I dont think UK will be flying to USA til end if the year now anyway, so sadly lots more holidays will be put on hold but we have to remain & stay safe xx
Old 27 Jun 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Agree with everything above; but for clarity, it's a ban on alcohol in bars only. Anywhere operating as a restaurant will continue to be able to serve alcohol, should anyone wish to go there.
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

At this rate Florida will become a no go zone for anyone with a modicum of sense. I’ll be cancelling 2021 at this rate.