Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 Aug 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Which is better?

Moving on to real planning questions, we’re due to go in Jan 21, and having never eaten in either...

Longhorns or Outback?

We’re staying in Davenport, but can drive or über.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfans
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Longhorns
Old 1 Aug 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
Moving on to real planning questions, we’re due to go in Jan 21, and having never eaten in either...

Longhorns or Outback?

Big Skip

I've just posted the poll link in the other thread. Longhorn by a country mile but lots to read in that poll.

Davenport is a generic name for scores of villa communities generally either side of the 27 from the 192 down to Posner and extending eastwards to Champions Gate area and beyond. Not actually the City of Davenport which is over near the 17.

We've stayed at Highgate Park on the 27 near the 192 about 12 times since 2011 (same villa) and hoping to be back there in Nov. We're about 10 minutes from the nearest Longhorn.

Here's the poll link again though

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...light=longhorn

Mick

PS sadly I will probably attract the attention of a regular critic of my views who believes that I'm incapable (at 74 ) of knowing how I want my steaks cooked.

Edited at 04:10 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Big Skip

I've just posted the poll link in the other thread. Longhorn by a country mile but lots to read in that poll.

Davenport is a generic name for scores of villa communities generally either side of the 27 from the 192 down to Posner and extending eastwards to Champions Gate area and beyond. Not actually the City of Davenport which is over near the 17.

We've stayed at Highgate Park on the 27 near the 192 about 12 times since 2011 (same villa) and hoping to be back there in Nov. We're about 10 minutes from the nearest Longhorn.

Here's the poll link again though

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...light=longhorn

Mick

PS sadly I will probably attract the attention of a regular critic of my views who believes that I'm incapable (at 74 ) of knowing how I want my steaks cooked.
We’re in regal palms, assuming we can. I know how I like my steaks, and others disagree, but they aren’t eating my steak. I’m a “still mooing” person.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
We’re in regal palms, assuming we can. I know how I like my steaks, and others disagree, but they aren’t eating my steak. I’m a “still mooing” person.
Just wipe its a##e and stick it on the plate.

We've stayed at Regal Palms 5 or 6 times as well. Just about a mile south of Highgate.

Good Chinese takeaway at Berry (Bamboo Wok) if you fancy eating in now and again.

Mick

PS The Mods may move this to "Restaurants" forum.

Edited at 04:21 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Just wipe its a##e and stick it on the plate.

We've stayed at Regal Palms 5 or 6 times as well. Just about a mile south of Highgate.

Good Chinese takeaway at Berry (Bamboo Wok) if you fancy eating in now and again.

Mick
We’ve stayed in Highlands reserve before, and are aware of the bamboo wok. And the rotisserie chicken from publix.

The villa we have stayed in is up for sale... but we haven’t quite got the funds...
Old 1 Aug 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I had blue beef in Spain.its was delish and I lived to tell the tale 😂

Disney332
Old 1 Aug 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
We’ve stayed in Highlands reserve before, and are aware of the bamboo wok. And the rotisserie chicken from publix.

The villa we have stayed in is up for sale... but we haven’t quite got the funds...
First night stocking up of essentials at Publix in November - all being well
Old 1 Aug 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Longhorns or Outback?

It has to be Longhorn every time. Outback seem incapable of providing a steak without seasoning or cooking it to the degree you ask for. On the other hand, over 20+ years I've never had to send a Longhorn steak back.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
It has to be Longhorn every time. Outback seem incapable of providing a steak without seasoning or cooking it to the degree you ask for. On the other hand, over 20+ years I've never had to send a Longhorn steak back.
John

Exactly my experience of both. Never had a bad meal or service from Longhorn. However neither the servers nor kitchen staff at Outback understand the simple request to have it unseasoned.

But I'm still at risk of attracting the guy in my PS above who regularly condescendingly tells me how to eats steaks - although he could still be on my ignore list

Mick