Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Fireworks
Excited about Disney

Hi, we stayed at the Best Western Plus Bayside Inn last year and I would definitely stay there again. It was great value for money, clean, comfortable and quiet, with a good buffet breakfast included.

It's very close to the waterfront and walking distance to Little Italy for great bars/restaurants. It's also very close to the train/trolley station for public transport. We stayed in San Diego for 5 nights and didn't have a car while we were there because this hotel was in such a great spot.

They also provide free shuttle service to/from the airport.

I did a trip report of our time in California, so if you want more detail of the hotel and our use of public transport it's worth a read.

Edited at 06:18 PM.
Fireworks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamofmagic
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Hi, we stayed at the Best Western Plus Bayside Inn last year and I would definitely stay there again. It was great value for money, clean, comfortable and quiet, with a good buffet breakfast included.

It's very close to the waterfront and walking distance to Little Italy for great bars/restaurants. It's also very close to the train/trolley station for public transport. We stayed in San Diego for 5 nights and didn't have a car while we were there because this hotel was in such a great spot.

They also provide free shuttle service to/from the airport.

I did a trip report of our time in California, so if you want more detail of the hotel and our use of public transport it's worth a read.
Oh that would be perfect for us, we are hoping to stay for 6 nights so good to hear that it’s manageable without a car, do you have a link to your trip report? Thanks x
Old 16 Aug 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed in Mission Valley the first time we visited but can’t remember what the hotel was called sorry.
We also stayed at the Manchester Grand Hyatt which is right next to Seaport Village, I would highly recommend this for the location. The rooms, staff and facilities were excellent, tons of shops and restaurants just a few minutes walk from the hotel.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamofmagic
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Buzz242 View Post
We stayed in Mission Valley the first time we visited but can’t remember what the hotel was called sorry.
We also stayed at the Manchester Grand Hyatt which is right next to Seaport Village, I would highly recommend this for the location. The rooms, staff and facilities were excellent, tons of shops and restaurants just a few minutes walk from the hotel.
Thanks another one to add to my list! Thank you
Old 16 Aug 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
We stayed at the Best Western Plus Island Palms. We had a good stay, after an initial issue with our room. They upgraded us and then gave us breakfast vouchers as an apology.We would stay there again.

I wouldn't say it's central, but San Diego is compact, so you can get around quite easily with an Uber or taxi.
Definitely second this. We really liked the hotel and the location.
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamofmagic
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post
Definitely second this. We really liked the hotel and the location.
I’ve had a look at this hotel tonight and it’s definitely on the list! Thanks
Old 16 Aug 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Fireworks
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dreamofmagic View Post
Oh that would be perfect for us, we are hoping to stay for 6 nights so good to hear that it’s manageable without a car, do you have a link to your trip report? Thanks x
The Index is here
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150994

San Diego is at the beginning
Fireworks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamofmagic
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
The Index is here
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150994

San Diego is at the beginning
Oh great thanks! Looking forward to reading x
Old 18 Aug 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

We stayed at the Marriott Marquis after a recommendation from Aims. Honestly it couldn't have been more perfect. Gorgeous hotel, lovely pool area, next to Seaport Village and just 5 minutes walk into the Gaslamp District. A short walk along the Embercadero to the Midway and the trolley bus tour stop is right in front of the hotel. It was a fantastic trip, we can't wait to go back next year.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamofmagic
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
We stayed at the Marriott Marquis after a recommendation from Aims. Honestly it couldn't have been more perfect. Gorgeous hotel, lovely pool area, next to Seaport Village and just 5 minutes walk into the Gaslamp District. A short walk along the Embercadero to the Midway and the trolley bus tour stop is right in front of the hotel. It was a fantastic trip, we can't wait to go back next year.
Oh that sounds good, love the look of the trolley bus tour too and my wee boy would love to see the midway. Have a good list now can’t wait to get our plans done properly!