Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 24 Aug 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Turkey hotel recommendations please

We have cancelled our October Half term Florida trip and want to look at Turkey instead. I’m looking at all inclusive in the Alanya/side areas. I have teenagers, so one with water slides would be good. We are also looking for a hotel that includes a choice of restaurants included, not just the buffet. I have been loooking at Pegasus world with Tui but if anyone can recommend any others that would be great. Also if anyone has been end of October before, how was the weather? Thanks.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looking at the same as one of only a handful of places we can actually go to get the weather.

I’m intrigued by the Land Of Legends hotel. Theme Park / Waterpark and All Inclusive.

Cracking trip advisor results as well.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
For teens I would say Land of the Legends. Voyage Belek is a great all rounder too with plenty for everyone. We go middle of October for Scottish School Holidays and always had lovely weather.

Edited at 09:38 PM.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
We visited the Land of Legends for the day and it looked great. Theme park and water park were brilliant. Friend of DS was raving about Liberty Lara.

There’s so much choice to be found. I joined some groups on FB which have been great. Discovered them a bit late but they’re very helpful. Overall I’d definitely go back to Turkey. It’s also eased the blow if Summer 2021 doesn’t work out - I’d never have thought I’d say that. Dubai was our second choice usually but it’s a close contest now.

We stayed in Tui Magiclife Masmavi. The Teens club for DS was excellent but it wasn’t able to run a normal programme due to COVID. I don’t know if there was quite enough going on to recommend it. For us it was perfect but I think there’s a lot of others that may be even better.

Edited at 10:01 PM.
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

We are possibly looking at changing our October half term Canaries trip to Turkey, so I would also be interested in finding out more, especially about the weather.We have stayed at two hotels in Lara beach before,Royal Wings and Liberty but wouldn’t mind trying somewhere else,maybe Barut Lara.Royal Wings has some good slides and from what I’ve read,they’re open until 1st November. I would certainly recommend both hotels, but there was more to do for DS at Royal Wings.

Edited at 09:05 PM.
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Shmee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jessie2012 View Post
We are possibly looking at changing our October half term Canaries trip to Turkey, so I would also be interested in finding out more, especially about the weather.We have stayed at two hotels in Lara beach before,Royal Wings and Liberty but wouldn’t mind trying somewhere else,maybe Barut Lara.Royal Wings has some good slides and from what I’ve read,they’re open until 1st November. I would certainly recommend both hotels, but there was more to do for DS at Royal Wings.
We’ve been to Barut Lara a couple of times in October but not since 2015.

The weather was a perfect temperature during the day, not too hot to lie out in the sun for most of the day. Morning and night were a bit chilly.

We had a great holiday both times and would recommend the hotel in general but I’m not sure about for teens. We were in a family group with four teens who were happy just spending time with each other and the adults so didn’t really pay attention to what was available for teens. They had some water slides but not big ones like some of the other hotels have.

Food was very good, several a la carte restaurants, snack bar, patisserie and buffet. Rooms, pools, communal areas, cleanliness and service were all excellent.

Edited at 09:42 PM.
Shmee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve&Jan
Excited about Disney

We stayed at the Paloma Oceana, right on the beach, several pools, an adults only and one with water slides. A couple of restaurants and beach bar and entertainment every night. It’s surrounded by shops for a browse and a short dolmas ride from the stop outside into Side.
Steve&Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Not quite your area, but we stayed at Aqua Fantasy in Kusadasi last year and loved it.
It's a bit out of town, a few pools, lovely beach, a quiet over 18s pool and a good water park next door that was free entry.
tui/destinations/e...l-and-spa.html
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
nhyw
Very Serious Dibber

nhyw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
I can recommend the Gloria Resort hotels in Antalya, lots of facilities and things for children to do. See gloria.tr/en/

Windsor Hills Retreat Luxury Vacation Home
Located at Windsor Hills Resort, Kissimmee, Florida
www.windsorhillsretreat.com
Luxury 6 Bedroom, 4 Bathroom Home with South Facing Pool, Spa and Games Room
Click here to see our Dibb advert or for more photos see our website
State of Florida Resort Dwelling License no. #DWE5917028
nhyw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
The_Cheadley
I have Ears

I stayed at Pegasos World a few years ago. Great pool area, nice beach, food was decent enough. The rooms were not fantastic though, probably the only real downside. Oh and not great kids entertainment (if you need it), and not a huge amount of English (if that's an issue...). For a classic Turkish all inclusive I'd say it's perfectly fine (I've been to 4 so far over the last 10 years).
The_Cheadley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List