Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Sep 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Now I’m tempted by flights!

Morning all, I’ve been looking at different dates and itinerary’s for a west coast trip next year and in the last few days booked some hotels for Easter on a free cancellation pay later option. I like the idea of flying with Aer Lingus via Dublin and have been watching their flight prices and today they’ve dropped to £1800 direct to LAX for 5 of us, that seems like an amazing price, would anyone be tempted to book?, on credit card of course.
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My son went ahead and booked his honeymoon flights for May next year with Virgin, great prices.
Gamble but if flights aren't going by then we're in a right old pickle!
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi again , great price and Dublin is easy with clearing customs it’s so easy when you arrive. You should have a good idea of everywhere after all your research.

Edited at 11:02 AM.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi again , great price and Dublin is easy with clearing customs it’s so easy when you arrive. You should have a good idea of everywhere after all your research.
Hi again, so tempted to book but depends if I can convince my husband, my original plan was 3 weeks but we can only do 16 nights over Easter so we can’t do as much as I’d like but it works out we’ll finish the trip in Las Vegas for our sons 21st birthday which would be lovely😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

I would only be booking flights as part of an ATOL protected package at the moment for that extra protection. So fly drive, or with a hotel booking for at least one night, maybe the night before the flight.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
I would only be booking flights as part of an ATOL protected package at the moment for that extra protection. So fly drive, or with a hotel booking for at least one night, maybe the night before the flight.
I agree. I'd be nervous about AL to LAX. It was axed during the recession and added back relatively recently along with newer routes to Seattle and Miami. I dip into the AL forums on Flyertalk and Airliner and the general consensus is that SFO will be the first West Coast route to re-start. If the US border is open AL would route you via JFK with an onward connection if they have not resumed LAX... It's dicey for Easter imo.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
I agree. I'd be nervous about AL to LAX. It was axed during the recession and added back relatively recently along with newer routes to Seattle and Miami. I dip into the AL forums on Flyertalk and Airliner and the general consensus is that SFO will be the first West Coast route to re-start. If the US border is open AL would route you via JFK with an onward connection if they have not resumed LAX... It's dicey for Easter imo.
Thanks for that, it’s something to take into consideration
Old 4 Sep 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BeakersNo1Fan
A Guest at All-Stars

We were in exactly the same frame of mind... to book or not as the flight prices reduced to a very tempting level...

Yup, too tempting, we booked!

This years May trip, our first visit to the West coast, got cancelled so we've moved it back exactly 12 months and are now just hopeful we'll be good to go

£1,500 for 4 of us, Man to LA via Dublin. May 19th thru June 5th - which included the seat booking too
BeakersNo1Fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BeakersNo1Fan View Post
We were in exactly the same frame of mind... to book or not as the flight prices reduced to a very tempting level...

Yup, too tempting, we booked!

This years May trip, our first visit to the West coast, got cancelled so we've moved it back exactly 12 months and are now just hopeful we'll be good to go

£1,500 for 4 of us, Man to LA via Dublin. May 19th thru June 5th - which included the seat booking too
Good for you, hope I convince my hubby it’s worth it too😀
Old 5 Sep 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

whatever you do don't use Netflights
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List