Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 22 Sep 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
BA Changing car class

Looking at BA fly-drive for next summer - want to “package” it for obvious reasons right now. Flight prices are great but car hire prices are laughably high. Is it possible to book now and change the car hire later if/when the prices drop?
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Could you add an airport hotel for 1 night to make it into a package instead?
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Ps. I know you can do this if you book over the phone and quite often it works out cheaper than the internet!
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
Originally Posted by lexie32 View Post
Could you add an airport hotel for 1 night to make it into a package instead?
I could but by adding the car it turns the flights from economy light to standard economy but with a bit of a discount. Essentially adding 4 bags and seat choices for the price of adding two bags that I'd have to do anyway.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ok don't have any experience of this but, although I'm not 100% sure what you are asking,I'd imagine any changes are going to incur an amendment fee. If by "changing" you mean cancelling the car hire (?) I would want to check that I wasn't going to lose my deposit as it may be classed as a cancellation & you have to re-book & pay the flight only in full.
I expect that Airlines are well aware that people want to book a "package" rather than pay flights in full & maybe less "sympathetic" to any changes IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

I have done this before, upgrading from mini-van to Suburban.

It seems there may be a £100 change fee on car hire now that would probably apply.

I may even do it again this year if prices change significantly, although the Explorer-class we have booked should be sufficient.
Old 22 Sep 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Did this over the phone last year and got an upgrade plus cash back
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
I have done this before, upgrading from mini-van to Suburban.

It seems there may be a £100 change fee on car hire now that would probably apply.

I may even do it again this year if prices change significantly, although the Explorer-class we have booked should be sufficient.
Like you, explorer class would do. It’s more that I expect that car prices could well drop as they’re currently crazy high. On the other hand flight prices are v good right now so would like to get those “locked” as part of package.
Old 23 Sep 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Yes, have done it on our last 2 trips, have had to pay a £50 admin fee both times but I didn't mind as the actual upgrade price was very good! In 2018 we upgraded from a Town and Country to a Tahoe or similar, got to Miami and they gave us a Suburban instead, to my DH's delight haha.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Dolphin9511
Very Serious Dibber

I booked a BA package for next May at the beginning of September, I then wanted to add an extra person onto the booking, so they added them onto the hotel and the car hire and I upgraded the car hire to the next size up and I actually got an £8 refund and was not charged any amendment fees at all
Dolphin9511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List