Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Mam
Getting Excited

Fab Mam's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Air France flights cancelled

As the title says my flights for mid November from Newcastle to CDG have been cancelled as per an email direct from Air France (had to use Google translate to work it out though) .

I am actually quite pleased as I thought I was protected by the Air France guarantee that I could amend (not cancel) for free anytime up to 24 hours prior but Disney said I would have to pay £60pp to alter as they were booked with them as part of the package. I asked them 'how can this be?' as I could log into my Air France account and make the change myself but she was still adamant.

Anyway, she was very helpful in that she advised me to wait until I was under 7 days until departure as they have a temp policy stating that you can have a full refund including transport within 7 days if the UK quarantine is still in place and you are not able to isolate upon return. She also said the flight could possibly be cancelled

Thank goodness I headed her advice as now I am entitled to a full refund according to my Air France email.

I have booked an alternative package for March 2021 but did not add transport. I will book this direct with Air France nearer the time and if we can't go then the ZEN guarantee will ensure I get a full refund on the package.

Surely things will be ok by mid-March

Edited at 07:43 PM.
Fab Mam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

I admire your optimism!
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Diddy&Co
Trainee Dibber

That's good news. We have a package booked for 3rd Dec with flights and have to pay the balance next week despite having no intention of going. We want to swap to Dec next year.
Pleased you have got a refund.
Tuscan Hills January 2009, Windsor Palms February 2010, Emerald Island February 2012, Enclave Suites February 2013, Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge March 201, Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge February 2018
Diddy&Co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are booked for March also but booked the dlp but pre covid and the flights in April. Worst case we have to rearrange for later in the year.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
wishing
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Hi could I ask OP did you then have to get back in touch with DLP to let them know that Air France have cancelled on you in order for DLP to process the refund?

We also have flights and a package booked with DLP but our flight has just been changed to a completely different day that we can’t go on!

Our flights are also mid November so we were hoping they would be cancelled to.

Thanks
Old 24 Sep 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Mam
Getting Excited

Fab Mam's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi, yes I had to get back in touch with DLP. She put me on hold to check with the transport dept. I guess this was to verify what I was saying. She then offered me a full refund or the option to remove the flights (no fee) or to move the package to a future date but at the going rate (no fee). She explained the process well e.g. ignore the fees on the refund confirmation and that I could be waiting 2-3 months for the flight refund as they have to submit the details to Air France and await the credit from them. I'm fine with this as long as I know it's coming. I will just be using it on another flight at some point as I'm determined to get there eventually. Still prefer the refund over a voucher though just in case. Just gutted I've lost my free upgrade to Newport Bay Club when Sequoia Lodge was closed but hey ho it was exciting for a while lol.

I'm assuming you will be entitled to a refund as changing dates would not be suitable.
Fab Mam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
wishing
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Thanks Fab Mam I am hoping we should be entitled to a refund as the change is significant, I will give them a call but that information is much appreciated.