Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 20 Oct 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Previously it was always just ‘Merry Christmas from the McNicols at no5 x’

But this year will be very different. Over the pandemic we have gotten to know our neighbours so much better. It started when one gathered all the mums mobile numbers and started a ‘lockdown ladies’ whatsapp chat with the aim of having A network of support should anyone need help. It extended into swapping recipes/dropping items at each other’s doors/ socially distanced chats and cups of tea in the street. We’ve been able to make sure our older neighbours who were shielding were all well looked after and we could all keep track of who had done what for whom so nothing was missed. I’ve been so pleasantly surprised at how lucky I am to have such good neighbours.

So this year my cards will be personalised to thank them for making this year that little bit better than it would otherwise have been.
Having good neighbours adds such a lot to life, especially for people living alone. My neighbours are fab, not just the older ones with more time to be friendly but also the young families. Even friends and families who visit will stop for a chat.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Having good neighbours adds such a lot to life, especially for people living alone. My neighbours are fab, not just the older ones with more time to be friendly but also the young families. Even friends and families who visit will stop for a chat.
Since we’ve been in our house all our neighbours have been great, it makes such a difference to all get along. We not in and out of each others houses but always a friendly hello when we see them.
All get christmas cards with “ Love from “
Old 21 Oct 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We only send cards to relatives. I see no need to keep card manufacturers or the people who write the often lousy content in business or for longer distances, the Royal Mail either. Communication from us is by email, Facebook or similar whenever possible.

However, If we receive a card, we return a card out of courtesy.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:46 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

I've wrote...

Dear ... , ... and family,

Wishing you a happy and healthy Christmas with hopes that 2021 is a much kinder year

From...
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List