Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Oct 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
We didn’t need planning permission for our shed. We didn’t ask the neighbours either 🙈 so now I feel terrible.
It looks very similar on that photo to when ours was at that stage. Ours is all wooden and can easily be removed.

Shed Envy! What a lovely shed, very smart.

OP, Threads like this are similar to the medical query threads... Best advice? Id seek guidance and direction from the experts regarding the pitfalls of Planning Permission.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

It's looks OK in terms of regulations to me.

As it's more than 2m from the boundaries the roofline can be up to 4m. The only real restriction is it should be less than 30 square meters (interior useable space).

I put a log cabin in my garden, as it was less than 2m from the boundary it has to be less than 2.5m. The guy next door is a nightmare, I measured everything multiple times. My cabin is 2.495m high.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

If they are putting any kind of sleeping accommodation in then you may be able to raise an objection that way.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Garden sheds and outbuildings must be one story, and eave heights cannot exceed 2.5 metres. Overall height cannot exceed 4 metres if a dual pitched roof is present or 3 metres with any other type of roof.

If a garden shed will be situated within 2 metres of a dwelling house boundary, the maximum height is 2.5 metres.
Eave heights cannot exceed 2.5 metres
No raised platforms, balconies, or verandas.
Outbuildings should cover no more than half of the area that surrounds the original home.

Outbuildings are not allowed on land in front of a wall that forms the principal elevation.

With buildings, containers, and enclosures found on designated land (including natural parks and other conservation areas), planning permissions will be required.
Any outbuilding within the curtilage of a listed building will require planning permission.

Log cabins should be at least 5 metres from the main dwelling.
force ten is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

We put a summer house on temporary meshed gravel foundations in the garden this summer. A lot of the neighbours have them right next to the boundary fence but I read up on the regulations. We couldn’t get the low level one we wanted and had to position it very carefully. It is a pentagon and at one point it is just less than 2 metres from the fence but that is also the lowest part of the sloped roof and a gutter collects the water. Both neighbours have 8x8 sheds right along the boundary and we never thought anything about it when they put them up.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

When my son had a building inspector out to check a boundary wall, he noticed he was building a Bar/Summerhouse and told him as long as its not covering more than 50% of his garden he didn't need planning permission apparently this also applies to decking.
Old 23 Oct 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

reading this ive noticed most garden sheds/rooms on my street arent 2m from the boundary fence... our rear neighbours have a large summerhouse 3/4 the length of the garden right up on the fence separating us although no one seems to care?

we certainly didnt object , its their garden..?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
We didn’t need planning permission for our shed. We didn’t ask the neighbours either 🙈 so now I feel terrible.
It looks very similar on that photo to when ours was at that stage. Ours is all wooden and can easily be removed.

I really like that shed.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

OP, did the people you bought from declare the dispute with the neighbours on your legal pack? I think they are supposed to aren’t they? Although not sure if you have any recourse if they didn’t x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

seems an odd place to put a shed, right in the middle