Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 15 Aug 18, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

photo book companies- your preference ?

Hi all - following our trip to FL a few weeks back (is it really that long?) I want to create a photo book of memories. Would like to add text to it so it can't be just photos

So then dibbers if you create these which company do you use ?

I've only used Tesco before and they were fine. I've heard good reports of bonusprint and cewe (so?) Bit am open to suggestions
Old 17 Aug 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
cambsno
Serious Dibber

Personally I find Tesco to be poor, not tried books but the prints and other stuff are not good. I use DSCL for prints and they are vey good, think they do books too.

Apple are my choice for books.
cambsno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by cambsno View Post
Personally I find Tesco to be poor, not tried books but the prints and other stuff are not good. I use DSCL for prints and they are vey good, think they do books too.

Apple are my choice for books.
Interesting - thank you

I have a feeling that alot of the places that sell these books use the same manufacturer who is based in mainland Europe somewhere .

I had one done by Tesco many years ago and was happy with the result.

This time I went to bonusprint - got a herd discount and am looking forward to seeing the results

Thanks again
Old 17 Aug 18, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

I have many photobox.co.uk ones - they are lovely quality but they've really increased the prices this year so I've held back on my latest trip. Do not pay full price! There are usually 30%+ off sales that come around - signup and wait for emailed 'offers' - some you have to create immediately, some include a credit for 1/3 months if it takes you awhile (it does me).

My average 100 page book has been about £30, this year they are asking £44

However, if you want fewer pages it would be cheaper - they are relatively easy to use, load as many pics as you want, different layers, backgrounds - all their stuff is great but you have to wait for the right sale

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Snapfish I've used for years..fantastic quality and fast delivery.They often have 40 or 50% off.Highly recommend.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by TGT View Post
I have many photobox.co.uk ones - they are lovely quality but they've really increased the prices this year so I've held back on my latest trip. Do not pay full price! There are usually 30%+ off sales that come around - signup and wait for emailed 'offers' - some you have to create immediately, some include a credit for 1/3 months if it takes you awhile (it does me).

However, if you want fewer pages it would be cheaper - they are relatively easy to use, load as many pics as you want, different layers, backgrounds - all their stuff is great but you have to wait for the right sale
Agree with waiting for the offers. I've usually had some photos sorted ready for speed filling of a book.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by TGT View Post

I've asked for 2 copies with 14 extra pages and glossy and the total is about £42 including delivery which I am pleased with. OH found me a 40% off code and I got 5% for signing up to emails

Edited at 11:33 AM.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post

No competition … blurb/

You can get very granular like, paper quality, covers (hardback, soft, sleeved) etc.

Complete control and if you are ok with photoshop etc you can do anything
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

I hear more professional photographers use Blurb but I usually just use whoever is on offer, I have used CeWe, Bonusprint, Snapfish, Truprint,
Old 17 Aug 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I am also looking to do a photo book.
I am totally useless at anything technical so I will be basically just choosing photos for them to place where ever.
Is that even possible?
I only have my sons I pad so can’t do anything fancy anyway.
I see that Disney do a photo book, no idea on cost or if they ship to the U.K. ?
Any advice for a clueless person?
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List