Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Mar 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

Favourite: IOA or US

Hi all,

Do you have a preference between IOA and US.

We have a 4 day ticket, non park hop, so will do 1 x IOA, 1 x US, 1 x VB and then another day back at one of the theme parks.
Dream bigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Its a shame you don't have the hopper as this means you can't do the Hogwarts Express

That said I personally prefer Universal as there are more rides I can do. If you like thrill rides I feel IOA might be a better bet but Universal is good for all round rides and a few thrills.
Old 22 Mar 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

IOA for me. Just feels more like a theme park aesthetically... could just be me. US seems more laid out on a grid.

Plus - new Hagrid Coaster set to open, that should boost IOA on the thrill ride that is not just a simulator scale.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
TwinkleToes78
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Are there little kids in your party? If so definitely IOA. Seuss Landing has loads for small kids. I agree with the above poster that the layout feels much more like a theme park in IOA. I definitely prefer it to US. In saying that, I love both parks! 😀😀😀
TwinkleToes78 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

Yes, 3 kids. Aged 10, 8 and 6.

They aren't into Harry Potter so I saved some money by not bothering with park hop and Hogwarts Express.
Dream bigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

IOA - I loved it. It was good fun and very refreshing on what was a very hot day! I'm 55 and loved Seuss Landing! Also if you like Jurassic Park the water ride is great. I didn't like Universal apart from the Harry Potter bit, especially escape from Gringotts. Oh and the Simpsons ride was a good laugh. I spent 2 days there in total - that was both parks and that was plenty for me. It'll be a long time till I return, if I ever do.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneylover2000
I have Ears

I like both equally, it all depends on what films you like and dislike, we skipped the Marvel areas but if you like Marvel you could spend ages there. I would leave the decision until you have visited both and go back to whatever park you enjoyed the most.
Disneylover2000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

I love us but ioa is my favourite.

Hulk, Kong, Jurassic park awesome!
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

IOA for me...only just though
Old 22 Mar 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Flounder22
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

If I had to choose it would be IOA but I love US aswell for Diagon Alley, Simpsons ride and the Mummy.
Flounder22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List