Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 May 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Thanks for all your thoughts. I think I’d feel a bit disappointed on the girls’ behalf (especially my pirate-mad youngest) if we changed, and I wouldn’t be looking forward to it quite so much.

I could come to regret it with the size of the beds, but hopefully we’ll manage. I don’t think the distance to the main pool is too much of a worry - we’ll be visiting the water parks anyway, so we can use the small pool for a quick splash around, and just do the main pool once or twice.

Pretty sure I’ve talked myself out of switching!
I'm sure your daughters will love the theming if the Pirate rooms. I'd have loved to have stayed in a room like that when I was a kid 😊
I think you've got the right mindset. With Spyglass grille on your doorstep, where you can get food & drink refills you probably won't need to go to the main foodcourt that much anyway.
You can always get off the bus at Old Port Royal on your way back from a park, to use the foodcourt or visit the shop/bar.
Then there's only the 10 min walk back or hop on another bus back to Trinidad.
Enjoy your countdown 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
I'm sure your daughters will love the theming if the Pirate rooms. I'd have loved to have stayed in a room like that when I was a kid 😊
I think you've got the right mindset. With Spyglass grille on your doorstep, where you can get food & drink refills you probably won't need to go to the main foodcourt that much anyway.
You can always get off the bus at Old Port Royal on your way back from a park, to use the foodcourt or visit the shop/bar.
Then there's only the 10 min walk back or hop on another bus back to Trinidad.
Enjoy your countdown 😊
Thank you, that’s pretty much exactly what I was thinking about stopping off on the way back from the parks, rather than making a specific trip over to OPR and back. I’ll go over all this with DH tonight, but I think we’re sticking with the pirate room
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’m in the same position going October this year. Only decided we had to book again when we got back after last year’s trip in the last days of free dining. Only thing most people including Disney had available was All Stars Sports but Kenwood managed to get a pirate room with free dining by a convoluted route. Wouldn’t have chosen to spend the money on it but we have it now and master Mickie will love the theme, and the Spyglass grill and quiet pool will help with the positives. We hardly get chance to use the pools but he remembers the pirate ship splash pool from three years ago so we’ll have to make the trip to the main pool-upshot is I can tell you in October!
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

I think if you’ve got kids that will love the pirate theme then these rooms are really good.

I remember the first time we went to CBR there weren’t any pirate rooms, they were just standard rooms and nobody wanted to stay in that area as they were some of the furthest standard rooms from OPR.

They then made them into Pirate rooms, so great for kids, but still a bit of a walk to OPR for food & drinks.

But now that there’s Spyglass quick service, coke freestyle machine and close to the Skyliner, the Pirate rooms are now quite a good location.

Like the Princess rooms at POR the Pirate rooms do work out more expensive than standard rooms, but kids that like pirates would probably love the theming.
😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

So after all this, we're now considering forgetting about CBR altogether and going for Beach Club instead. Still a bit torn thinking how much the girls would have liked the pirate ship beds, but Beach Club does look amazing.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Although CBR wasn't my fav Disney resort,. I have to say, we really enjoyed the pirate rooms. The theming was brilliant and the children absolutely loved it.
I didn't find the walk from the pirate rooms to main pool bad at all. it was a really pretty resort. The buses worked great for us too apart from one morning we took a taxi.
There was a decent size pool right next to our room too. If you are staying at CBR and don't mind the extra money then the pirate rooms are worth it with kids, just for the wow factor 😃
tigerfee is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
moblies
Proud to wear my Ears

I booked for August 2020 could only get Pirate room which we didn't want, have now downgraded to standard 5th sleeper £768 less. That's a lot of beer even at WDW
moblies is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

So after all this, we're now considering forgetting about CBR altogether and going for Beach Club instead. Still a bit torn thinking how much the girls would have liked the pirate ship beds, but Beach Club does look amazing.
Oh wow, never stayed at the Beach Club, but it looks amazing!
It’s on my wish list of places to stay 😊
Old 12 May 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I'd choose the BC in a heartbeat if our budget allowed! We've got 1 night there this year through renting DVC points and can't wait to try it out

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Oh wow, never stayed at the Beach Club, but it looks amazing!
It’s on my wish list of places to stay 😊
It does look stunning, and the children will love Stormalong Bay. It was another £900 to change from CBR to a garden view room in BC for August 2020, so we did debate whether it was worth it. In the end, we decided that we can afford it, and we’d love it, so why not?