Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Jun 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

The 40th Birthday trip, 3 years early-You're not having another Magical Star

I woke myself up at 6.30 today, but then swiftly fell back asleep, oops! I finally got up at 7.15, showered and got ready while drinking my brew and we headed out to catch the bus to Animal Kingdom at 8.30.

We went straight to Expedition Everest, but it was down, so we had some Photo pass pictures done and walked down to Dinoland USA and rode Dinosaur and TriceraTop Spin.

After this, Expedition Everest was still down and showing no signs of reopening, so we walked to Pandora for a Night Blossom instead.

The standby for Avatar Flights of Passage was 150 minutes and they had closed off all but one of the walkways where cast members were standing with ropes and were letting people through in stages.

By the time we had finished our Night Blossoms, it was time for our Avatar Flights of Passage Fastpass.

We couldn’t find any Photo pass photographers in Pandora today and we had our Pandora ears on, .

Our Fastpass window for Expedition Everest had opened but the ride had sadly not! We persevered for a bit and sat in the Rivers of Light area.

We were due back in Animal Kingdom tonight so decided to hang onto the Fastpass to see if it opened later.

We had a lunchtime reservation at Tusker House so decided to walk down there and check in. we were early so had a bit of a wait before our buzzer went off.

The service was poor today and in addition, it took an hour for the first character to get to us. We’d already finished eating.

For drinks, mum wanted to order another Magical Star cocktail (it’s the glow cubes) but I encouraged her to order something different. She went for the African Margarita; Sauza Gold Tequila, Van der Hum Tangerine Liqueur from South Africa, Sweet- and-Sour, and Lime Juice. I chose the Captain's Mai Tai; Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Bols Amaretto and Tropical Juices topped with a float of Myers's Original Dark Rum.

This was the only table service restaurant where we had to ask for water for the table as well.

Food wise, mum ate; Roasted Pork, Pap, Kids' Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Curry, Shrimp Coconut Curry, Moroccan Bread, Roasted Potatoes, Cheese, Bread Roll, Kids' Macaroni & Cheese, Brownie, Chocolate Pecan Turtle Brownie, Banana Bread Pudding, another Pecan Thing (her words) and Strawberry White Chocolate Cheesecake.

I ate Peri Peri Whole Salmon, Kids' Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Curry, Shrimp Coconut Curry, Green Beans, Pitta Bread, Jalapeno Corn Bread, Moroccan Bread, Roasted Potatoes, Kids' Macaroni & Cheese, Nut Cookie, Chocolate Pecan Turtle Brownie, Banana Bread Pudding, Raspberry Chocolate Chip Loaf and Strawberry White Chocolate Cheesecake. I was also given a card and a cupcake.​

The tip situation here got really confusing as our server kept disappearing. He turned up with a receipt at one point and told me he would come back when he had rung the sale through with another receipt. Because of this, I didn’t fill in the receipt he had given me (whilst I was still eating.)

We waited so long for him to reappear, he was nowhere to be seen, that I ended up going looking for someone, so we could settle the bill and leave.

Another server tracked him down and this resulted in him throwing the receipt at me, presumably because he assumed he wasn’t getting a tip. He was getting one, just not the full 20%, in the end he got nothing, all because of crossed wires.

We had a Fastpass for Kali River Rapids, so went across and got very wet! We caught the bus back to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Our room hadn’t been cleaned yet, but we were going to the pool anyway, so we just quickly got changed and grabbed our refillable mugs before leaving the room again.

We collected some towels and went for a swim, we got out to dry off and swiftly got fed up of the blooming lovebugs! We went for another swim to escape them before getting out to dry off before heading back to the room.

We had a reservation for Pizzafari Family Style Dining at 6. So, after changing, we caught the bus back to Animal Kingdom.

We had some more Photo pass pictures taken and then we went to Pizzafari. Oh my, it was so much food! There was; Caprese Salad, Caesar Salad, Baked Ziti, Fettuccini Alfredo with Chicken, Pepperoni Pizza and Miniature Cannoli’s. We ordered Mandarin Orange Lemonade with Vodka to drink.

You check in for this at a podium inside and then queue at the counter to order your drinks and collect your salads. You go to your allocated table and the mains and desserts are brought to you.

The manager was walking around asking people their opinions when we were there.

After another massive feed, we were finally able to use our Expedition Everest Fastpass. Again, what is it with us and riding rollercoasters, particularly Expedition Everest after eating masses of food!?!

Before riding, we went to Dinoland USA for Donald’s Dino Bash. It was fabulous, and I got to dance with Dale to ‘This is Me!’

My name came up on the screen in the queue for Expedition Everest and I got very excited!

Our earlier reservation at Tusker House included a seat at Rivers of Light, so after our ride, we entered the area near Nemo and waited for the show to start.

We both really enjoyed the show and left to catch the bus straight after. We just got to the stop in time for the bus, lucky day!​
Mrstenberge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan
Old 16 Jun 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another good day

Joan
This was one of my favourite days!
Mrstenberge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I've never eaten at Pizzafari but it looks really good in your photos. It sounds like a lovely day overall.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I love your mum’s top; I’ve been kicking myself for not getting it in Uniqlo last year when I saw it.

This is the first time I’ve seen a review of Pizzafari family dining, it all looks great, but so much food!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Great day. I was tempted to book Pizzafari but I does look like a lot of food. My kids wouldn't eat the salady stuff and I would be left to try and eat a mountain of food!

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU68
Very Serious Dibber

Loving all the different ears you have ! I recognise your red Mickey bag too ,I get lots of compliments when i use mine.
LOU68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

lovely day
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
I've never eaten at Pizzafari but it looks really good in your photos. It sounds like a lovely day overall.
It was a fab day, thank you for taking the time to read and comment
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I love your mum’s top; I’ve been kicking myself for not getting it in Uniqlo last year when I saw it.

This is the first time I’ve seen a review of Pizzafari family dining, it all looks great, but so much food!
So much food! No idea why I decided it would be a good idea to book a buffet lunch and then the family ding 6 hours later!