Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Jun 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Thou Shalt Not Cram May 2019 Day 4 - Blizzard Beach

We were sleepy today! I didn't wake up until 8.30am and even then I could have easily slept longer. Compared to last trip where I basically didn't sleep for 2 weeks I had really adjusted to the time zone whoop whoop! We eventually made it to Dennys for breakfast which was just a short walk from the hotel.

I had the veggi skillet without the eggs and no butter, which was basically a plate of veg but it was really nice. I had an english muffin with jam. Jono forgot he was vegan and had the American breakfast of eggs, bacon etc. Our server was great and kept us topped up with sweet ice tea, something we are slightly obsessed with. Total cost $36 inc tip.

We quickly got back to the hotel and stuffed some stuff into a bag ready for Blizzard Beach! Because we would never even consider going to a water park at home I always don't really know what to take or what to do when we go to one on holiday. The park was pretty quiet which was great! We hired towels and a locker at $14 although personally I do think this should be included in the ticket price.

We picked sun loungers in the exact same place as last time! The shady area near the ice cream van, mainly because we could remember our way around from here. We went up the stairs to Teamboat Springs. I mistakenly thought that the ski lift only went to Summit Plummet and there was no way on this earth I was going on that. I was wrong but oh well extra calories burned! I obviously had to take my glasses off and this made me feel a bit crap at first as my eyes struggled to adjust and I got a headache (my eyes saying "put your glasses back on you stupid woman!")

FYI not many photos today!

We got talking to the guys behind us in the queue for Teamboat Springs, they were from NYC and they were really nice. We ended up in a raft with them as well and the ride was so much fun! We weren't sure where to go next so wandered into the wave pool. It was so relaxing just bobbing in the waves in a ring I could stay there all day. Jono swam around and kept spinning me I have zero control over the inflatable rings so I kept getting washed up on the beach. Then I couldn't get back in so I had to get help from Jono. I tipped him out of his ring so that he was free to assist me haha!

After a bit we headed onto the Double Dipper, such a long boring queue for what is literally the quickest ride ever. I don't like this one at all, the anticipation of waiting for the foot block to release stresses me out so much. There was a woman kicking off about having to wait so long for a single rider. I get her point but it was a very busy ride and people tend to ride in pairs, if the cast member had mixed up a pair then the whole queue would be out of sync. Anyway neither of us particularly liked that one so it was time for a lap of the lazy river. I am incapable of steering the inflatables so I had to hold onto Jono! The lazy river is so lovely here.

When we got off we went back up the stairs looking for the last ring ride but found only the 2 mat rides there. I just can't do the rides where you lay on a mat they make me too anxious. Plunging head first down a plastic tube into a pool of water at speed? No thanks. I didn't mind waiting for Jono but he said he wasn't bothered.

We went back to the lockers for the bag and then headed to Lottawotta (great name!) for something to eat, they have a full vegan menu it was great! We very predictably had vegan burgers again as we were hungry by now it was $32 inc drinks. The burger is pretty much the same as Peco Bills which we do like but we chips were extra yummy.

We went back to the sun lounger which was actually a shade lounger now but this suited us as we had enough sun. Jono had burnt really badly despite repeat reminders to wear sun cream! I ploughed through my book while he chilled. At one point a lizard jumped on us, first jono then me then back to jono where it was fully committed to staying and wouldn't get off despite him shaking his leg!

We went back to the locker (apologies for lack of photos!) to drop the bag off again. The floor was insanely hot by now and we were skipping from wet patch to shade. We wanted to ride Run Off Rapids so we worked out where it was and headed over. We grabbed a ring before facing the steps - part of the steps has no shade or water and my feet felt like they would melt onto the floor! Anyway totally worth third degree burns as the ride was SO much fun we immediately went back on again! Then we went back into the wave pool again for a bob around. After a while we got changed and called an uber about 3.45pm. We had a great day, I enjoyed it far more than any other water park day.

After a couple of hours in the room reading/napping/not cramming we got ready to go out. We decided to use the last of the free food vouchers for dinner as we knew there wouldn't be much for me and we weren't too hungry so it didn't matter. I ended up with a plate of salad with tortillas and then a tortilla with rice and veg in which was actually not bad. Jono had some random mexican food. Here is a photo of my plate which doesn't look too appetizing!

We (meaning I) had decided to try out Howl at the Moon tonight, the dueling piano bar on i-Drive. We thought it would be something a bit different. It was too early to go straight there so we went to Millers first for a drink on the patio area. Here we had some weird service. Firstly the bar man just literally stopped serving Jono half way through making his drinks and went to serve someone else instead without any explanation. Then when I was talking to a waiter he just blanked me and walked off... umm ok. We left pretty quickly and decided to walk round the Orlando Eye area.

For some reason I thought there were lots of shops here but it is mostly bars and restaurants. We did find the most amazing Minions mug in the one shop though which I had to buy immediately and it was the only one left!

Jono wanted this tshirt but I have no idea why

After this we decided it was time to try the bar. We thought it was free entry but actually it was $5 each. The drinks menu didn't have any prices on so we braced ourselves for the bill - $28 for 2 cocktails ouch! They were really nice though. This evening really tipped us over budget. The bar was pretty empty I think we should have come either later or on a weekend night but the piano players were really talented and they were good at building up the atmosphere even with only a few tables. A few of the songs we didn't recognise but we sang along to the ones we did and I enjoyed it. We called it a night after an hour as we would need a bank loan to buy more drinks but it was getting busy as we left!

Another really nice day

Total Spends $191 opps bye bye $130 a day budget!
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Great day - no wonder you blew the budget with those cocktails!

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day

Joan
Old 13 Jun 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Lovely day
Old 18 Jun 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Glasses and water parks are such a nightmare aren't they?!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

What a lovely looking day! This has really inspired me to give Blizzard Beach another go on our next trip - our first and only trip Blizzard Beach was sort of an afterthought park on our last day and we only spent a couple of hours there but I do remember really enjoying the wave pool and lazy river :-) Howl at the Moon sounds expensive! What odd service at Millars! x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List