Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Jun 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
aydeepee
VIP Dibber

aydeepee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 7
Will Galaxies Edge make our trip one big 'mare?

Heres the thing. We arrive at Beach Club on 13th Sept for 8 nts. When it first got announced that Galaxies Edge was opening a couple of weeks prior I was euphoric!

Then, over time, I read things about '6am extra morning hours', 'get there for around 4.30am', 'stay at the Beach Club or Boardwalk so you can walk across as opposed to trying to park', 'the park may refuse entry if at capacity', 'changes to fastpass+' and so on. My mood and enthusiasm has started to dip!

I'm now thinking that Disney parks, transport and resorts in general may be complete bedlam still by the time we arrive - and our time at Disney spoilt

Anyone else thinking the same or am I over reacting?

1993 - I-Drive & Clearwater / 1996 - I-Drive / 2006 - DLP / 2007 - I-Drive / 2008 - I-Drive & RPR / 2009 - I-Drive & RPR (again!) / 2011 - RPR / 2013 - RPR & Beach Club Resort / 2014 - RPR & Beach Club Resort / 2016 - RPR & Beach Club...again (Greatest Hits Tour!) / Sept 2019 - Silver Wedding Anniversary - Capes and Parks Tour / Sept 2022 - Cape, Beach & Parks + IAN! / Sept 2024 - hoping to avoid Ian v2 *
aydeepee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I hoping over the next few weeks it’s becomes clearer . After tomorrow we will get a better idea about crowd management etc but to be honest I don’t think anyone evens Disney knows what it will be like .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
aydeepee
VIP Dibber

aydeepee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I hoping over the next few weeks it’s becomes clearer . After tomorrow we will get a better idea about crowd management etc but to be honest I don’t think anyone evens Disney knows what it will be like .
Hope so. What's tomorrow?

1993 - I-Drive & Clearwater / 1996 - I-Drive / 2006 - DLP / 2007 - I-Drive / 2008 - I-Drive & RPR / 2009 - I-Drive & RPR (again!) / 2011 - RPR / 2013 - RPR & Beach Club Resort / 2014 - RPR & Beach Club Resort / 2016 - RPR & Beach Club...again (Greatest Hits Tour!) / Sept 2019 - Silver Wedding Anniversary - Capes and Parks Tour / Sept 2022 - Cape, Beach & Parks + IAN! / Sept 2024 - hoping to avoid Ian v2 *
aydeepee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Until it happens, nobody can really say for sure.
But don't lose sight of the fact you're in Disney, staying in a beautiful hotel, surrounded by parks & entertainment.

Hollywood Studios & particularly Galaxys Edge is just a very small part of the overall experience. It wasn't expected to be open for September anyway so if you do get to go then it's a bonus.

Try not to worry about it & have a lovely holiday.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by aydeepee View Post
Hope so. What's tomorrow?
California will be open without reservations. They're planning on using a virtual queue for the area so will be interesting to see how that goes and whether they'll do the same at WDW.
Old 23 Jun 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
So far disney have handled it pretty well but wdw is a bigger project but DL has helped them to try to get it right . We have a few months yet so I’m hoping we find out more soon .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm in the same boat, arriving at Beach Club on 16th September, and am expecting crowds. It is what it is though, nothing we can do about it. And I'd rather be in a crowded Disney than at work! I don't like Star Wars so will go to HS one day to do stuff there I do like, mainly the shows.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I think the next couple of weeks over in California will give us the best indication of what to expect crowd wise so i'll be watching closely. Even then though it's a different set up over there and we don't yet know if WDW will be introducing anything such as virtual queueing so it'll still be hard to tell.

We will definitely be doing one very early start at HS to try and experience GE and have booked a couple of ADR's so we can escape the crowds if needed.

Otherwise we will just go with the flow and if it's all too much then we'll spend a bit more time over at universal this trip

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Our plan is to avoid HS on the first few days. Then do EEMh finish off the park that day and enjoy the other parks which I’m sure will be low crowds. Especially in the morning when everyone staying on site will be in the eemh.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We go the 13th too and it’s definitely worrying me how busy it will be. I’m just going to do what I normally do though and hope for the best. One thing we’ve done is book the Dolphin for a couple of nights to be close to DHS but the rest of the trip will be “normal”.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List