Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jun 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Please let us know his reaction! I hope he’s absolutely thrilled 😄
Old 23 Jun 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

With everything he's been through I'd tell him straight away, give him a boost, something to look forward to.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think I would tell him when you book your ADR’s too. He can help choose and it won’t be too long for him to wait until you go.
Sounds like you all deserve your wonderful holiday.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I’m no good at secrets so I’d tell him maybe with 100 days to go then he can start the countdown
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Wow thanks so much for your replies.

We’ve already done our ADRs so that’s out, we’re on the QSDP so only have a few ADRs and have booked the ones he liked the look of that we didn’t do last time (Chef Mickeys and Via Napoli)

I’ll have a think, I’m definitely thinking around the FPs time might be a good shout.

He definitely is a special boy, I couldn’t be prouder of him, he definitely deserves this holiday with all he’s been through.

My partner and I will discuss the plan and the ideas tonight and I’ll update you with what we decide and his reaction x
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by nats1211 View Post
Wow thanks so much for your replies.

We’ve already done our ADRs so that’s out, we’re on the QSDP so only have a few ADRs and have booked the ones he liked the look of that we didn’t do last time (Chef Mickeys and Via Napoli)

I’ll have a think, I’m definitely thinking around the FPs time might be a good shout.

He definitely is a special boy, I couldn’t be prouder of him, he definitely deserves this holiday with all he’s been through.

My partner and I will discuss the plan and the ideas tonight and I’ll update you with what we decide and his reaction x
I would tell now so he gets to enjoy the planning and build up, but fast pass booking time (maybe the week before so he can think about it) seems reasonable too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinygog
slightly serious Dibber

Charlie sounds amazing - you must be so proud of him.

It's a difficult question to answer. On the one hand, he may want the build up - e.g. choosing some new clothes to wear, getting excited about seeing his favourite characters etc. However, at 8, is the build up as important to him? For example, does he love the build up to Christmas? If so, tell him a bit earlier. If he is OK with last minute news and can cope with that, then maybe that's the option. I think it depends on whether Charlie likes the build up to major events?

Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it will be fantastic!

WDW: 2002, 2004 & 2008
DLP: 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2017 (Xmas) & 2018
Tinygog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Littlelufs32
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Charlie sounds like a real trooper 🙂

We went last year and told our 3 just before fastpass day so they could decide which rides to do.
My youngest lad has autism and adhd and this was just too long for him to wait.
He was desperate to meet Buzz and Woody and because he's got no concept of time or days it proved too much and he couldnt cope with the wait.
We're due to go again in 57 days and we've not told them yet.
I've printed the 30 day calenders off from the dibb and we'll tell them with 30 days to go and hopefully them having the countdown calenders will help him with the wait.
The mad excitement is part of the fun but it's hard judging the timing!
I hope Charlie has the best holiday 🙂
Littlelufs32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We have a plan!

Thank you so much for all your replies.
Charlie is going away to Devon for a week with his Dads family on fastpass day. We’ve therefore decided not to tell him before then as we don’t want to take away from what his Grandad has organised for him and all his cousins to spend some quality time together.
We’ve decided to go for just before the 30 day mark so on the evening of 13th September, this is a few days after his Dads birthday so will hopefully give him a good boost.

We are getting a Millie’s cookie iced with “We’re going to Disneyworld next month” on which we will just give him for dessert after our usual Friday family dinner. I’m then going to create a personalised itinerary with all our plans included and pictures of stuff and I’ve also got him a Mickey luggage tag which I’ll write his name and the date we go on.

I’ve got a countdown to the reveal on my phone! (65 days!)
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Awwww... that sounds amazing ❤❤
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List