Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 May 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Team Bricki's Super Secret Magical Wedding and Honeymoon Adventure- Day 4 Tues 7th May- AK and V&A

I have written the wedding day section but i only have a few wedding pictures so i will hold it back until i get the rest through.

We woke up for the first time as a married couple ready for our first proper Disney day- we were going to Animal Kingdom! Today's matching tshirts were from Up so we had to get pictures with Doug and Russ. Brett ate the leftovers from Jiko for breakfast and then went to the gym. We headed out early with the aim of getting into the queue straight away for Navi River Journey. We had fastpasses today for Flight of Passage, Safari and Everest. Unfortunately Navi was closed so we headed over to Dinosaur instead. I went through what happened on the ride with Brett but he didnt seem convinced. Luckily there was no wait so he just got on with it. He absolutely loved it and wanted to ride again.

We went on Primeval Whirl next and it was fun but painful- it really throws you around does that one.

We went to the Up meet and greet and it was so much fun. Doug was hilarious and wouldnt let Brett go. The characters all seemed really drawn to him wherever we went, it was sweet to watch. We had lots of lovely pictures taken.

It was time for our Flight of Passage fastpass and we were both really excited for this even though we had no idea what to expect. We got straight into the pre-show and it wasnt long before we were on the ride. Brett was a bit put off by the ride vehicle but i said it would be amazing. I have no words for this ride, it literally takes your breath away. The sights, the smells, the movement. Bravo Disney. Brett loved it too even though there was a lot to take in. We were so happy we had another FP for later in the trip.

We had time for a quick lunch before the Safari and so headed to Flame Tree Barbeque for the chicken, ribs and pulled pork combo and the pulled pork mac and cheese. Mobile ordering is the best thing ever i dont know why more people dont use it. The food was really good and filled us up nicely. We didnt want to eat too much today as we had a 10 course meal tonight at Victoria and Alberts.

The safari was amazing and we got really close to some of the animals who stepped out in front of the vehicle. We got a really good view of the elephants, zebras and giraffes. Brett was hoping to see the lions but they were hidden away on the rocks. He really enjoyed it and said it reminded him of Kruger Park back home in Africa.

It was time for our final FP, Everest. Brett wasnt too sure about the hill but he wanted to give it a go. He said he enjoyed it and now he knows what happens he couldnt wait to do it again. I loved it, i think Everest is in my top 5 rides, it is so much fun.

We walked back to Dinoland and saw Kevin from Up on the way which was amazing.

The queues for all the Dinoland characters were really small so we decided to see as many as we could. First up was Donald and he loved Brett's Donald Duck as Captain America tattoo. He was so much fun and very interactive.

Next up was Pluto.

Then Daisy Duck, who was just the best. She spotted my Daisy Duck tattoo in her Haunted Mansion outfit and got really excited and started pretending to be a ghost. She loved Brett's Donald Duck tattoo and he said that she should ask Donald to dress up as Captain America, Daisy thought this was hilarious. Brett realised what he said could be taken as not very Disney appropriate and couldnt stop laughing.

Next up was Chip and Dale and they were really fun and mischievous.

Scrooge Mcduck was on his break so we decided to see Launchpad then go to Nomad Lounge for a quick cocktail. Launchpad was brilliant, he literally launched himself at Brett for a hug and nearly knocked him out. He saw our Just Married badges and decided to recreate the ceremony. We couldnt stop laughing, he was a lot of fun.

On the way to Nomad Lounge, we saw the dance party and Brett wanted to show Timon his Lion King tattoo. Timon loved it and called Baloo and Meeko over to have a look too. I have the video on my phone so i will try and post it. We headed to the Nomad Lounge and it was a really lovely calm space away from the madness of the park. Brett had a Libel Libation (rum, banana rum, guava and pineapple) and i had a Hightower Rocks (tequila, watermelon and lime). Both were really good and refreshing.

It was soon time to leave as we had to get dressed up to head over to the Grand Floridian. We had a few pictures on the way out of Animal Kingdom.

We got showered and changed and got an Uber over to the Grand Floridian. Men have to wear a jacket so Brett chose a pink suit with silver sparkly smart shoes and re-used his yellow bowtie from the wedding. I matched him with a pink dress and silver glittery shoes. We had a few pictures in the beautiful lobby.

We walked over to Victoria and Alberts and the service was second to none from the start. It is really slick and professional. The atmosphere is the perfect mix of calm and sophisticated. We were shown to our table and congratulated on our wedding. I was given a stool for my handbag and we were handed personalised menus. They had asked us in advance if we had any dislikes but we decided to just trust them and have whatever they offered us. My only criticism would be that our table was in the middle and not the side. This is nothing to do with V&A, just my personal preference. We do fine dining quite a lot at home and i always feel like people are staring at us, i'm not sure if it is because we are young or have lots of tattoos but i often feel a bit uncomfortable in high end places so i like to be sat out of the way- we like nice food though so it doesnt stop us going anywhere. There was an older couple behind us and i felt like they were watching us all evening but we had waited a long time for this experience so i didnt let them bother us. We declined the wine pairing and were brought the cocktail menu on an Ipad. They were all in the range of $25-$30 each. I forgot to note what we had but Brett had a very fancy old-fashioned and a creamy rum concoction and i had a blood orange champagne creation and a gin based one with lavender foam.

We had three bread courses throughout the evening, each with a different butter and sea salt.

The Amuse bouche was delicious, we have had caviar before and really enjoy it. We declined the $300 caviar enhancement but the lady behind us had it and it looked beautiful.

The lobster course and the toothfish course was gorgeous- seafood is our favourite so i was really looking forward to the fish courses

My favourite course was the Poussin and ricotta- it was full of flavour and really rich

The lamb loin was cooked to perfection, i love my red meat to be as rare as possible

We debated adding the Miyazaki beef but stuck to the Kobe and it didnt disappoint. It was a really strong flavour especially combined with the bone marrow.

They no longer do a cheese plate and instead it was a little cheese puff. It was beautiful and i am not usually a fan of strong cheese but i really enjoyed this.

Brett was hoping for chocolate dessert courses but they were both fruit based. They were absolutely delicious though and really sweet.

Brett had the coffee course, mainly to see the fancy machine and said it was really nice. He also tried some of the chocolates and said they were to die for.

After 3.5 hours, the evening was over and we were presented with our menus, banana bread from the GF bakery and a rose for me. It was a wonderful experience and the best way to start married life. I am glad we saved up the extra to be able to do this.

We got an Uber back to the hotel ready for Universal Studios in the morning.

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Sounds like a great day. Victoria and Alberts looks like a lovely way to celebrate your wedding.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
You had loads of fun meeting the characters in AK the interactions you had sound amazing. What a fab meal at Victoria and Albert's!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Loving this so far! Can’t wait for your wedding one 🥰
Old 27 May 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Sounds like a great day. Victoria and Alberts looks like a lovely way to celebrate your wedding.
It was amazing, i am really glad we did it

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
You had loads of fun meeting the characters in AK the interactions you had sound amazing. What a fab meal at Victoria and Albert's!
It was so much fun, we found Animal Kingdom had the best characters. The meal was beautiful, i am so glad we did it the day after the wedding

Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
Loving this so far! Can’t wait for your wedding one 🥰
Thank you, we got our pictures last night so its been posted

2025- Seville

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

Just wow at your meal. I too like to be out of the way, it helps me relax.
Your character meets were just brilliant. Laughed so much at Launchpad covering his eyes! 🤣xx
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A brilliant day at AK and a really lovely meal to finish the day

Joan
Old 27 May 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Loulabelle18 View Post
Just wow at your meal. I too like to be out of the way, it helps me relax.
Your character meets were just brilliant. Laughed so much at Launchpad covering his eyes! 🤣xx
The food is gorgeous at V&A, brilliant first day married! Launchpad was really crazy, he honestly just threw himself at Brett

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A brilliant day at AK and a really lovely meal to finish the day

Joan
Thank you, it was a very special day

2025- Seville

Old 28 May 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
A fantastic way to start married life and can't believe the dedication starting the day at the gym when on your disneymoon while ending the day with a fancy dinner for two

Also great character interactions and photos.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

We had our wedding meal at Victoria and Alberts many years ago ❤️
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List