Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 May 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Team Bricki's Super Secret Magical Wedding and Honeymoon Adventure- Day 7 MK, Trader Sams, Ohana

Today was one of my favourite days, we managed to cram so much in looking back now. We headed over to Magic Kingdom to get in the queue early for Gaston before our FP for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Brett ate my leftovers from Homecoming on the wall while we waited. Gaston was totally in character, he was brilliant. A young disabled boy was in front of us and he was obsessed with Bretts tattoos especially the Hulk on his leg. He was so sweet. He got out of his wheelchair to do the muscle pose with Gaston and it was so heartwarming. Gaston was the perfect balance of character but sweet with him. When it was our time, Gaston asked Brett if he bought me anything nice for the wedding and Brett said diamonds. Gaston said he bought Belle a statue of himself and i would have probably preferred that. He challenged Brett to flex his muscles (Brett definitely won) and we got some fun pictures.

It was soon time for the Mine Train and i think this was probably Bretts favourite ride of the trip. It is a cool ride, i love that you get a little video as well as pictures.

We had some time to kill before our ADR so we looked for some characters and had pictures with the Fairy Godmother

We also saw Peter Pan wandering round and asked the cast member if we could have a picture with him and she said "sure ask him". We did and he replied "yes grown-ups" He was so tiny and he called us grown-ups everytime he said something. It was really cute.

We went to the circus meet and greet section as i wanted to meet the Great Goofini. I have tattoos representing three of the four parks, Daisy in Haunted Mansion, Stitch in Tower of Terror and Goofy in Mission Space (Mickey Mouse in Safari to follow) but my Goofy does look a little bit like Goofini so i had to show him. He seemed to like it. Both Donald and Goofy were a lot of fun and yet again Donald was loving Bretts Captain America Donald tattoo.

It was time for lunch and our ADR at Be Our Guest. This is such a great use of a QS credit. We had the Croque Monsieur and Beef Dip Sandwich and split them between us- i love the gravy and the fact that the beef is rare, the ham and cheese toastie was so good too, i needed to order the breakfast version of this next time. We regretted not trying the Grey Stuff but made a note to order it when we came back for breakfast. We had a Mimosa and Peach Bellini, both were delicious, i love that cocktails are available with QS meals too.

After lunch we headed over to Tommorowland to meet Stitch. I think he is my second favourite to Minnie. He wasnt as animated as i expected Stitch to be and the photographer looked bored but still lots of fun and we got some great pictures.

We saw Carousel of Progress just because it is amazing and Brett thought so too as he was singing along by the end. An elderly American gentleman behind us commented on how more people needed to be like Brett. I love how happy everyone is in Disney World, i think its the sunshine.

A cast member saw our Pirates inspired tshirts and asked if we were going over to Adventureland to meet Captain Jack. I didnt even know this was a thing- i know he comes out at Halloween and the queue is huge but not on a normal day. We headed over to Pirates, picking up Brett's first dole whip on the way. He remarked it would taste great with rum- it's a good job Trader Sams was on the agenda today then!

The queue was quite short for Captain Jack and we feared it had closed but the cast member said we were good. Only two more families were allowed to join the queue after us so we were really lucky with timing. Captain Jack was fab, he asked if we were here for the rum and we said of course we were going to Trader Sams. He said we had to make sure Samuel saved some rum for him. He was a very good Johnny Depp impersonator. I am so glad we found out about this especially with the tshirts we were wearing. Unfortunately we were running out of time so Pirates would have to wait until next time.

I had a mission to get some leggings for my friends from the Emporium so i left Brett watching the Dapper Dans and he befriended one of them. Bless him, making friends wherever he goes. I had a picture with him too when i finished my shopping. It was time for our FP to meet Mickey and Minnie but i told Brett they had lots of spirit jerseys in stock so we should get one now. Brett was going to get the dapper yellow one, i wasnt sure which one i wanted. When we tried them on, i really liked the yellow one but Brett decided he wanted a bright but darker colour. He tried the potion purple one on and that was the one he wanted. The cast member watching us try them on also served us and i dont know if she was being rude or helpful but she told Brett the one he wanted was a girls one and the mens ones are black and grey. Brett said he didnt mind that it was a girls one. She asked if he was sure as they had glitter on and were fitted. Brett laughed and said he could pull it off. She really didnt know my husband, he wears pink, glitter, trendy jewellery, Disney tattoos and rocks it all

We headed over to meet Mickey and Minnie in their anniversary outfits. This was the one meet and greet i was most excited about as i wanted to get our Mickey and Minnie tattoos in one pic with them both. They were so cute and pretending to kiss like they were on their honeymoon too. I got the pictures i wanted and i just love their outfits.

It was now 2.30pm and i wanted to be at the Poly to queue by 3.30pm ready for Trader Sams opening. I asked Brett if he wanted to try the monorail or boat and he picked boat as it was a nice day. We got to the Poly at 3.15pm and headed over to Trader Sams to put our names down. I made a massive rookie error here as Trader Sams now opens at 3.00pm and it was packed. Luckily we got in but it was standing room only. I ordered the Polynesian Pearl and Brett got his wish of Dole Whip and rum and ordered Spikey Pineapple (with extra rum). Now these were cocktails- no watered down creations here. I dont know if ive mentioned this but Brett loves rum so i knew this bar was going to be right up his street.

We found a little space to stand and luck was on our side again as a couple were standing upto leave the big table in the centre and offered us their seats. Our Ohana ADR wasnt until 6.30pm so we wondered if we could sample all the cocktails with souvenir mugs as they would look great in our living room with our skull decor. We ordered the Uh-oa to share, which was set on fire and we were encouraged to throw cinammon in to make it spark and then they put it out, spraying everyone else with water in the process. I love how they put a crazy show on with the main cocktails ("two shots of rum"). I can see why this bar is so popular, amazing atmosphere and great drinks.

Next up was the Nautilus. This was for 3-4 people but we were up for the challenge. Best souvenir mug ever. Very heavy though, i was so glad we had four suitcases and all that space! This took us quite a while to drink as we had got chatting with various couples that kept appearing at our table. I took some fun shots of Brett for IG with the caption "when it all gets too much at Trader Sams"

We now had 3 of the 6 souvenir mugs but the cast member told they were out of stock of 2 of the mugs! Nooooo! We ordered the Krakatoa Punch which was the only other mug we didnt have from the ones available. We also ordered a Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum but this one didnt have a cool mug unfortunately. Time was getting on now and we only had about 30 minutes to drink and pay the cheque. This was a really expensive treat (roughly $180 with tip) but we really wanted the tiki mugs and it was worth every penny of the experience.

It was definitely time for food now after all that rum and what better way to soak it up than with a feast at Ohana (and some more rum). Brett was really looking forward to this meal. We got stuck into the gorgeous Pineapple Coconut bread and another round of cocktails- Island Sunset and Tropical Macaw.

The rest of the delicious food was brought out slowly, noodles, veg, dipping sauces, pot stickers, chicken wings and it was all so good. I love the sticky noodles and contemplated asking for more but the next table did the same thing and were given an absolute mountain of them.

The skewers came round and we were offered decent size portions of each one. The steak, chicken and shrimp were all cooked to perfection and tasted delicious. Brett had a second round of the steak and shrimp but i was already full and knew we had to leave room for dessert.

We were given a little break before the big finale. Brett had one mouthful of the bread and butter pudding and fell in love- he said he was full but we had to finish it all as it was so good. I wasnt much help but he managed to finish it all.

It was a great meal to end a great day. We took some pictures in the lobby before getting an Uber back to AKL.

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A brilliant day

Joan
Old 30 May 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

What an epic day 🙂
Trader sams looks great fun🍹
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Enjoying reading along all your days. The pair of you certainly know how to enjoy yourselves. Impressive cocktail count! :-) x
Old 30 May 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A brilliant day

Joan
Thank you, it was a lot of fun

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
What an epic day 🙂
Trader sams looks great fun🍹
Trader sams was amazing

Originally Posted by ILoveDaveLamb View Post
Enjoying reading along all your days. The pair of you certainly know how to enjoy yourselves. Impressive cocktail count! :-) x
Haha i just said that to Brett that it looks like weve had lots of cocktails but at places like Epcot and Trader Sams we did share

2021- London

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another fab day with an impressive amount of cocktails! With that and the early mornings I'd be seriously struggling by now
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Another fab day with an impressive amount of cocktails! With that and the early mornings I'd be seriously struggling by now
Writing this all down I don’t know how we did it, we were going to sleep around 10.30-11.00 and getting up at 5.30 each morning plus the gym and all the walking round the parks. Maybe it’s because we have a similar routine at home for work (less walking though it’s only 2 miles each way to work haha). I’m definitely feeling it now we are home, still not shaken the jet lag two weeks later

2021- London

Old 9 Jun 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Great day, loving seeing the cocktails 🍹 🍸
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by OllieT View Post
Great day, loving seeing the cocktails 🍹 🍸
Trader Sams do the best cocktails

2021- London

Old 9 Jun 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Love the Polynesian 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List