Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 6 Jun 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Thou Shalt Not Cram May 2019 Day 2 EPCOT

We both slept really well until about 6am when The Noise made a return so Jono went to the gym again (clearly something wrong with him) and I tried to fall back asleep but couldn't. We got ready and decided to use the free breakfast voucher again. The food was the same as yesterday so I won't post another photo and we left a tip after Virgin kindly footed the bill for us. We also grabbed coffee for the road from the Starbucks in the hotel.

We called an uber to EPCOT, the good thing about using uber was that you got dropped off quite close to the front unlike last time where we relied on shuttles that only went to the TTC. It was meant to be $15 but we actually got charged $20 as the uber driver didn't end the ride correctly - something to be conscious of but we didn't bother looking into it further.

There was already a queue at the gate but they let everyone in at 8.40am. Unlike virtually everyone else in the park we weren't bothered about Test Track so we didn't stay left. Even though they let us in there wasn't really anywhere to go so we just got in the queue for Spaceship Earth which didn't open until 9am. We were soon travelling through time to the soothing tone of Dame Judy Dench. I really like this ride. I used to think it needed an update to cover the last 50 years or so but now I appreciate it for what it is. The ride photo didn't work so no post card for us today!

We had a slow walk around the first part of the park looking at all the flowers (the Flower & Garden Festival was on) and taking photos. The park looked so beautiful and I wanted to take some time to really appreciate it. We went through the butterfly house to the Land area.

Our first FP was for Living with the Land as we had missed it last time. At first I thought it might be a waste of an FP as it was a walk on but by the time we left there was a really long line. I quite liked it and found the greenhouses really interesting. It was a suitable replacement for Ellen Energy Adventure which I sorely miss!

We still had an hour until our FP for Soarin so we sat down with a cold drink (bonus point for not cramming today!) then we went to the Pixar Short Films. We had a bit of a wait but just took advantage of the aircon. We absolutely loved these films and would definitely recommend this. Now it was time for Soarin, it was our first ride on the new version and we really enjoyed it.

Great day so far, we headed to World Showcase. We started at Canada with plans for a steady walk round. Jono picked up a Canadian beer which he reported was nice. We admired the topairys and decorations, it all just looked so nice!

We walked to France and I had already scheduled in a sorbet as these are vegan. It was delicious one of my favourite snacks!

We hit the shops in Japan but didn't buy anything and walked round the gardens. The owl tea pot that I nearly bought in 2015 was still there at the same price which surprised me. Jono picked up another beer in America. We were both hot and tired by now. We were peckish but I wanted to wait for the Impossible Foods stand which was vegan. I couldn't work out online where it was but luckily we had picked up a map so we figured it out the old fashioned way and carried on.

We went into the Mexico pavillion for the first time and thought it was really nice. I thought the Day of the Dead information was interesting and the market area was so pretty!

It was time for our Impossible snack! The main option was a farmhouse meatball in a wrap and it was SO GOOD Jono went back and immediately bought us another one each (they were only small!). We also had an avocado chocolate pudding which was yummy as well. It cost $27 for this so not a cheap option but worth it.

We were finished with EPCOT for the day and both felt pretty hot and bothered by now. It was too early to get the bus to Disney Springs so we just called an uber rather than change buses at a resort. It was only $7 and he dropped us off near Cirque. We hardly recognised Disney Springs it had changed so much since our last visit! We had a good look round but felt alot of things in the shops were over priced (or at least not good value with the exchange rate). Last time we had a great shopping day here inc buying my engagement ring but today we weren't feeling it. We were hot and tired so in the spirit of Not Cramming we sat down with cold drinks from Starbucks, they were refreshing but all that liquid filled us up! We shopped again and eventually I picked up an Up postcard which I do love.

I had preresearched Erin Mckenna Bakery which is all vegan (and gluten free I believe) so I was seriously looking forward to this. It was pricey but what isn't these days. That didn't stop me taking full advantage and ordering 4 cakes to share! They all looked delicious, Jono warned me that they better be a $22!

We had come to Disney Springs intending to have Blaze pizza for tea, we weren't really hungry yet but decided we could squeeze one in. We struggled to find it first - the new Disney Springs is confusing! We ordered 2 veg pizzas with vegan cheese. The staff were really helpful. When Jono collected the pizzas we noticed something was wrong, for starters they had different veg on and different amounts of sauce but mine had a chunk of what appeared to be a stray meatball on it! We knew they were both vegan because of the colour of the cheese so we couldn't be bothered to complain. Both pizzas were yummy, it cost $25 inc a drink.

We were really flagging by now so we went to find the uber pick up as our driver coming here hadn't actually taken us to the drop off zone. We got lost and ended up "back stage" a man in uniform quickly appeared to guide us back. By the time we found the correct place our uber had only just arrived so it was good timing really. We were glad to get back to the hotel after a long and hot day, we hit the pool immediately!

There are 3 pools at the Rosen Inn I selected the one with the least children but what I hadnt anticipated was that what our pool lacked in terms of number of children it made up for in terms of inconsiderate children! There were some really badly behaved kids deliberately splashing people and their parents were not interested no matter how many looks the other guests gave them. There was a sense of relief when they left!

After a couple of hours by the pool we went back to the room and I was looking forward to breaking into the Erin Mckenna goodies... eugh they were VILE! I had a bite of each one (just for quality control purposes) and all of them were awful, one of them actually made me gag! I think this is the first time ever I had turned down a cake so it must be bad as I've never met a cake I haven't liked before! We settled in for the night with trashy American TV on! I'll admit that we over did it slightly today but we loved our time in EPCOT

Total Spends = $172 (over our $130 budget!)

Thanks for reading

Edited at 09:32 PM.
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Another great day. I thought the cakes looked delicious - looks can be deceiving eh?

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan
Old 12 Jun 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another good day

Joan
Thank you for reading Joan! :-)
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
Another great day. I thought the cakes looked delicious - looks can be deceiving eh?
Oh yes they did NOT taste as good as they looked I'm still not over it haha!
Old 13 Jun 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Great day...Love Blaze Pizza...I had a vegan one with Brussel sprouts last trip was delish! Shame about the cakes ..especially at that price too
Old 18 Jun 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I love how you are just going at a really slow pace and just taking everything in, I wish I could do that but I am always rushing to the next thing.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

That Blaze pizza looks AWESOME! Definitely going on the list for our September trip as looks to be quite reasonable too. Such a shame about the vegan cakes :-( x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List