Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 Jun 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Thou Shalt Not Cram May 2019 Day 5 MK

Today we had a prescheduled lie in and didn't get up until 9am, we grabbed coffee and went straight to the pool. It was a tiny bit cloudier and cooler first thing (meaning it wasn't as hot as surface of the sun) which was ideal for us as Jono was still burnt and stayed in the shade anyway. The pool was much quieter today as well so it was a really lovely morning! I blitzed through my book and finished it - Circe by Madeline Miller it was brilliant highly recommend!

Once again we did not feel the love that the love bugs feel for each other! They were EVERYWHERE. Last time we came in May we hadn't even seen them but for those first few days this trip it was like a plague of lovebugs.

After 3 hours poolside we went back in to get ready for the rest of the day. We had decided to go to Mellow Mushroom further down iDrive, it is a pizza place and their vegan pizzas came highly recommended. It was a 45 min walk from our hotel towards Sea World. We thought the walk was fine and perfectly safe for pedestrians (not that we saw any other than us!). We had this amazing peach ice tea drink for the road and got a bit addicted to it!

When we first arrived at Mellow Mushroom I wasn't sure if it was a bit ropey but I actually think it is their style! They have lots of pop art around. Our server was really helpful and explained the changes they would make to our pizzas so they are vegan. We had the vegetable one and a mushroom special that had several types of mushroom with caramelised onion. We did order 2 mediums but when we saw them come out to a different table we realised this would be way too much so we asked to make one a small and this wasn't a problem. The pizzas were SO YUMMY! We loved it and were thoroughly stuffed, it was $48 inc tip.

We called an uber to MK arriving at 3pm. This was slightly earlier than planned as we had intended to get there after the parade. At first we thought the park was quiet as there seemed to be no one near the entrance but this was completely wrong and it was actually packed.

Love the detail on the castle walkway!

I suggested going straight to 7 Dwarves as I had a theory that everyone might be watching the parade so it would be quiet. It was showing a 70 min wait, longer than we ever intended on waiting but this was the only ride still on our hit list and the queue is quite interesting. It actually only took us 45 mins to get on - result! We do enjoy the ride but it isn't the best in my opinion - BTRM is better!

We then walked to our Splash FP, as we approached I was glad to have FP as the standby time was 70 mins but then I saw that the FP queue was down the road as well! It didn't take us too long to get through though. We were put in the front row and got absolutely drenched! It looked like we had just walked out of the shower. At least we would dry quickly in the heat.

We went to Main Street for more coffee - the wait time for this was as long as some of the rides. We got some Photopass photos taken, they aren't very good due to our Splash dunking but here you go:

We walked to Tomorrow Land for our Buzz FP but something was clearly wrong as there was a massive FP queue. The app informed us that the ride was having a moment so we went to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor instead. This did make us chuckle especially when Jono was caught on camera with the caption "get up and dance" I was cracked up and he just did a little dance on his seat, the comedian on screen joked about his lack of standing up!

Space Mountain had a 45 minute wait and Buzz still seemed messed up so we went on the People Mover. We secretly like this! My favourite part is where you are going through Space Mountain. We then went on the Tomorrow Land Speedway even though we are not the target audience for this ride we do still like it. It was advertised as a 30 min wait but only took 15 - we wondered if they were over estimating wait times today.

We noticed that the park was a bit chaotic today there was lots of litter and the toilets were a mess. I had a theory that today had turned out to be busier than expected but I know Disney are pros at crowd control. Anyway we didn't let any of that bother us, we had done all the rides we wanted to and anything else was just a bonus as we were only here for the fireworks today. We jumped into the tea cups for a quick ride - these are so much fun they can be faster than they look!

We had a slow walk over to BTRM as our FP was open now. We got on pretty quickly and as always it was a great ride.

After this Jono was feeling peckish so we went to Peco Bills where he had another vegan burger. It was pretty busy but the service was quick and he hit the toppings bar. We then went to Aloha Isle for my long awaited Dole Whip I was so excited about this! I love all the theming in this area as well.

By now it was 8pm and we decided to stake out a pog for the fireworks. We came to the hub from Adventure Land so we were on the left hand side of the castle. As first we though we could perch on a wall but we checked with a cast member who confirmed that area was actually a walkway so we moved inside the walkway taped out area and stood right at the edge. We had a great view and the time passed quickly. We were happy that the staff kept moving everyone down the walkway so that our view was kept clear.

However just before the show was about to start there was a crush of people. They were trying to move down the walkway but there was nowhere for them to go at the end so they just ended up stood there with a better view than us when we had waited an hour! An American guy next to us questioned a cast member about it but she just explained that she tried to keep it free but there wasn't anything she could do.There was a guy straight in front with his little girl sat on his shoulders - she must have had a cracking view. I was a bit disappointed but really it was just one of those things. In hindsight if we were willing to wait so long we should have found an even better spot but we hadn't realised this would happen.

Anyway the show started and it was INCREDIBLE. We absolutely loved it and wish I could experience it every day. I thought at the time that I wished we had scheduled another evening to see them again (stay tuned for more on that!). The projections on the castle and the fireworks were just brilliant. Jono thought it was far better than the fireworks in 2015 (pretty certain that was Wishes) it was such a great show! I did take photos but they aren't very good, I was trying not to take too many and just imprint the memory on my brain instead

Once finished we found it much easier to get out than our last trip. We the ferry to the TCC and quickly caught an uber. I had wondered if there would be a price surge at this time but there wasn't. We got some snacks from the hotel shop and headed to bed after another great day!

Total spend $148 (not too bad!)
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Lovely day - those pizzas look gorgeous. Shame about the view

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Lovely day
Old 13 Jun 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lovely day

Joan
Old 18 Jun 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Those pizzas look amazing!

I had to chuckle at a 'pre-scheduled lie-in', I'm glad we're not the only ones who do that.

I love Happily Ever After too, sometimes we just lie in bed and watch it on YouTube on the TV and pretend we're there <3
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List