Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jun 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mouse
Very Serious Dibber

mouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Theft from Checked Luggage - MCO - LGW

Hi

Some advice please got back on Sunday flew Virgin from MCO to Gatwick. All cases still locked with built in TSA lock, when we opened the cases this morning a quarter of the one case is empty we know roughly what was there, we can check off our packing lists to know exactly what was missing (sad I know but we pack from a list). initial assessment 3 pairs new jeans (too heavy for hand luggage), 2 pairs of men sandals bough March this year, 20 ponchos and some other bit of clothing (full check will confirm what).

Feeling violated and angry no TSA note so have to assume baggage handlers either at MCO or LGW.

Does anyone know if we can put in a claim on our travel insurance? does it matter we did not open them for 5 days? We went straight to work on Monday to save leave for next holiday.

Assume other people must have had same problem, big worry is this means people are getting things out of the airport so that must mean they could get things in which does not sound ideal in the current world we live.
mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

It’s a sad fact that all airports suffer from theiving from peopkes luggage all over the world, indeed LHR was known as Thiefrow
Do claim on your insurance, if you have receipts for the goods stolen.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mouse
Very Serious Dibber

mouse's Reviews
It is sad, it is how it makes you feel knowing someone has gone through and TAKEN your stuff. We have receipts mainly as due to dieting we have had to have new clothes and strangely smaller shoes.
mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Did you check in at the airport or at Disney Springs ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

20 ponchos?!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
20 ponchos?!
That’s what I thought

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mouse
Very Serious Dibber

mouse's Reviews
We checked in at the airport bought 20 throw away ponchos for 3 people for 22 nights and only deployed once :-) Last time we only had a handful left

It is cheaper to buy 20 on-line and honestly expected to use more :-), cost was only £6 so not even sure why they took them.

We go put one in a pocket whenever we go to the parks.

Edited at 03:14 PM. Reason: addition
Old 21 Jun 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
It’s a sad fact that all airports suffer from theiving from peopkes luggage all over the world, indeed LHR was known as Thiefrow
Do claim on your insurance, if you have receipts for the goods stolen.
I find it really scary that, in this day and age, this is still able to happen. I mean if someone has time to select, open, search and remove items from a case and stash them somewhere before slipping out of the "secure" area what's to stop someone from putting something inside a case?
pompeyboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mouse
Very Serious Dibber

mouse's Reviews
That was exactly what we thought this means stuff is moving in and out of secure areas unchallenged.
Old 21 Jun 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
I find it really scary that, in this day and age, this is still able to happen. I mean if someone has time to select, open, search and remove items from a case and stash them somewhere before slipping out of the "secure" area what's to stop someone from putting something inside a case?
Why would you want to give stuff away by putting it into somebody's bag ?

I get the whole stitch somebody up with drugs thing, but then somebody would have to retrieve them at the other end, which immediately becomes a multinational operation, in which case why use a random passenger as your trafficker?