Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Jun 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
paul,sal&boys
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile How do they know?

First time using magic bands and memory maker and we can’t work out how the rides know when and where you are on them to save ride pics to account?
We were really surprised to see Everest pop up yesterday. Am I being daft?
Old 21 Jun 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

It has an RFID radio chip in it (think that’s the right letters) that gets picked up on the ride and links the pictures.
Some rides will pick up your name from this, like small world and Haunted Mansion does a UK thing at the end with the ghosts sometimes. I don’t understand the technology but it’s very clever in my eyes
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
paul,sal&boys
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alwaysdisley View Post
It has an RFID radio chip in it (think that’s the right letters) that gets picked up on the ride and links the pictures.
Some rides will pick up your name from this, like small world and Haunted Mansion does a UK thing at the end with the ghosts sometimes. I don’t understand the technology but it’s very clever in my eyes
Ah thank you, that’s clever stuff - it’s been great having the pics this time
Old 22 Jun 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

So do you just automatically get your ride pics with Memory Maker and a Magic Band? You don’t have to go to a booth to get them linked to your account or anything?
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
So do you just automatically get your ride pics with Memory Maker and a Magic Band? You don’t have to go to a booth to get them linked to your account or anything?
Yes, it should automatically detect your MagicBand whilst you are on the ride and automatically link the photo to the account linked to your MagicBand. It does this by a radio signal from your MagicBand.

I say “should” because sometimes it does get things wrong and your photo may not get automatically linked. We’ve had other people’s photos linked to our account in the past instead of our own. Therefore, I do suggest you scan your MagicBand under the screen showing your photo after the ride (if there is one - not all rides provide this).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JoeA
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

To get them into your memory maker account, you will have to scan your magic band at the ride exit, touch your magic band to your photo and it will be synced with your account.

Your magic band uses similar technology to that of your contactless card, basically think of the card machine as the reader, it sends a message to your card and receives a response.

On the ride a reader sends a message to your magic band and revives a response to essentially say ‘Elodie is here’ in the case of ride photos.
JoeA is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
paul,sal&boys
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Yes we were really surprised to see the ride pics pop up as we hadn’t done anything other than scan them as we went into the ride FP. Did also have random guys pic on there too but bands working well and great to have all our park pics together. Did read that they disappear after 45 days so need to download to pc or screenshot when back.
Old 22 Jun 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

That’s great. I guess we’ll leave some to chance, and go and scan our bands for any that we particularly want to see!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoeA View Post
To get them into your memory maker account, you will have to scan your magic band at the ride exit, touch your magic band to your photo and it will be synced with your account.

Your magic band uses similar technology to that of your contactless card, basically think of the card machine as the reader, it sends a message to your card and receives a response.

On the ride a reader sends a message to your magic band and revives a response to essentially say ‘Elodie is here’ in the case of ride photos.
Not all rides have the photos at the exit and nowhere to scan magic bands. I didn't see one at the exit of SDMT and I looked both times I went on it. I did get it automatically though.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
alanda
Very Serious Dibber

Just jumping on this thread because we have done our first day today at Animal Kingdom. We can see all the photos taken EXCEPT ride photos and we don't know what we need to do to sync them. What are we doing wrong? TIA
Cypress Pointe Resort 2011
Southern Dunes 2019
alanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List