Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jun 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Virgin seat/cabin/class

I have just crawled from under a rock and discovered that virgin now have, light, classic, delight, PE & upper class.
We flew with TC last year so this is the first I have heard of this.
Can it get any more confusing!
We can’t book our flights until September (flying home on August) but is it easy to choose when booking?
I see that if you book a classic you can purchase an extra seat?
This would be fantastic for us as a family of 5 as non of us like sitting next to a stranger (no offence, strangers) it would be perfect for doing my daughters injections etc
We do like to fly in the bubble though, it’s less stressful for me. Are the bubble seats classed as classic? Love the back row in the bubble so we can (dare I say) recline abs not effect anyone.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
taker
Getting Excited

It's really easy when you book online. It just asks which class you'd like to book. I tend to use the app so once you've put your dates in it defaults to economy classic but you can scroll to either side to see the prices for each class.

The bubble economy seats are classed as classic, just remember there is an extra charge if you want to select those seats.
taker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by taker View Post
It's really easy when you book online. It just asks which class you'd like to book. I tend to use the app so once you've put your dates in it defaults to economy classic but you can scroll to either side to see the prices for each class.

The bubble economy seats are classed as classic, just remember there is an extra charge if you want to select those seats.
Thank you. So if bubble seats are classed as classic can you book the isle seat (empty seat)
Also, classic seats include the seat allocation but you need to pay anyway for bubble?
If you was not in the bubble could you choose your seat for free when booking a classic seat? Thanks
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
taker
Getting Excited

I'm not sure about the extra seat as I've never done that.

You can select economy classic seats for free downstairs but there is a charge to sit in the bubble. I think it might be around £30 per seat but someone will know the exact amount.
taker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I have just crawled from under a rock and discovered that virgin now have, light, classic, delight, PE & upper class.
We can’t book our flights until September (flying home on August) but is it easy to choose when booking?
This would be fantastic for us as a family of 5 as non of us like sitting next to a stranger (no offence, strangers) it would be perfect for doing my daughters injections etc
We do like to fly in the bubble though, it’s less stressful for me. Are the bubble seats classed as classic? Love the back row in the bubble so we can (dare I say) recline abs not effect anyone.
i'm not sure what you mean about purchasing an extra seat - you can buy as many seats as you like. However if you only need 5 and book 6 and hope it remains empty after checkin it could get used.
Old 22 Jun 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So at one point you could purchase an extra seat on Virgin but I think they stopped this last summer time.
Old 22 Jun 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ManCity
Helping Minnie

Assuming you are booking direct with VA via their web site, then selecting your seats is just one of the steps in the booking process. First you select your outward and return flights. Then you are presented with a seat map for your outward flight, then one for the return. The seat map shows which seats are available. You just select the ones you want by clicking on them.

You can't select seats for non-existent passengers. Most of the economy seats on a 747 are arranged in rows of 3 or 4 with just a few of 2 right at the back, so the only way of not having a stranger immediately next to you is to choose a row of 3 and a row of 2. Unless it is the last row of 3 and first row of 2, your two rows will be separated.

A few of the economy rows have 34in of leg room, instead of 31in. Those are the ones for Economy Delight. ALL the rest, whether upstairs or downstairs, are Classic. Most are free to book, but for some (i.e. exit row seats and all those upstairs) there is an extra charge. It tells you what the charge is when you select it - the cost is just added to your payment.
ManCity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Ah, I understand now lol
Old 22 Jun 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
You are a stranger to everyone but your party so I suppose other people would feel that way about sitting next to you too.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List