Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 19 Sep 16, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ladyshane
I want to go now!

DAS & Ulcerative Colitis

Although my Ulcerative Colitis is controlled with daily medication it can still cause me problems, when these problems arise I have to visit the loo immediately & often so I am slightly worried about the lengthy queues for the attractions/rides if it does happen to flare up. Would this medical condition qualify me for the DAS card even though i would only use it on any problematic days I may have(fingers crossed I don't have any). TIA
ladyshane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 16, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but understand your concern. My mum suffers from UC. We utilised fastpasses our last trip

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 16, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ladyshane
I want to go now!

Thank you for your reply Christbell. We utilised fast passes too last year but there were a couple of occasions when we were in a lenghty queue for attractions which we hadn't fast passed and I had to leave the queue due to the UC so was just wondering where i stood with the DAS card.
ladyshane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 16, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mooray27
Excited about Disney

I think you should be able to get a DAS. It is for people who are unable to queue for extended periods of time. You will still have to wait but a DAS will allow you to wait for the rides near a toilet rather than in the queue, minimising any potential problems.

Fingers crossed you won't have a flare up at all!
mooray27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 16, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ladyshane
I want to go now!

Thank you mooray 27 your reply is appreciated, it was just a thought to request the DAS. Think I will see how my condition is as the time for our holiday gets nearer.

Edited at 05:46 PM.
Old 16 Jan 17, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Howleytronix
Getting Excited

Hi,

I got a DAS for this in September without problem. It really helped, and put all my worries aside
Old 30 Jan 17, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ladyshane
I want to go now!

Thanks Howleytronix it's good to hear someone with the same condition as myself was able to get the DAS. I will see how my condition is at the time of travel & will then decide if I need to go to Guest services to request one. Thanks again
Old 22 Jun 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
EddiesLife
First POST

Mobile Das card

Hello Users,

I can confirm that if you suffer with ulcerative colitis and can prove this via either a supporting letter from your doctor, or your patient summary you can get a DAS card to get fast track access to major theme parks.

Kind Regards,
EddiesLife
EddiesLife is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Parkhopper
New Poster (3)

Mobile

Hi, this is incorrect. You do not need a letter. Disney are not legally allowed to ask for one. I have used the DAS card on 4 occasions in WDW, DLC and DLP. Ladyshane please don’t worry about what the above post says. This is taken direct from the Disney Parks FAQs regarding DAS:

[B]Why doesn’t Disney Parks ask for proof of disability, such as a doctor’s note?
Disney Parks takes Guests at their word and there are legal restrictions around asking for proof.
Parkhopper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Parkhopper View Post
Hi, this is incorrect. You do not need a letter. Disney are not legally allowed to ask for one. I have used the DAS card on 4 occasions in WDW, DLC and DLP. Ladyshane please don’t worry about what the above post says. This is taken direct from the Disney Parks FAQs regarding DAS:

[B]Why doesn’t Disney Parks ask for proof of disability, such as a doctor’s note?
Disney Parks takes Guests at their word and there are legal restrictions around asking for proof.
I can confirm this, last August my wife, who has the same medical condition, went to guest services and told them she had a medical condition that may cause her to need the rest room at short notice. Without question they added the DAS to our bands.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List