Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Mar 09, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Can you predict fluctuations in Easyjet prices?

I am sooo fed up! Early last week, flight prices for us to Paris were £224 for all of us, then on Friday they shot up to £269! Last night they were down to £224 again but this morning they're up to £280!
I was so close to booking last night but DH is away and I wasn't sure whether to book Speedy Boarding or not so I didn't go for it! How stupid am I?! :angry:
Anyway, I wondered if anyone knew what determined the fluctuations in price?
Old 29 Mar 09, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
deltakc
Very Serious Dibber

deltakc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Easyjet prices are notorious for going up without any warning. We have learnt from past experience that if you see a price that looks good, book it. You can sometimes save money when they have a sale but you have to book as soon as the sale starts because the prices can rocket. This is because the flight is then getting busy and they can make more money.

We got stung last year this way. The night before the sale our flights would have been £289. I couldn't log on the next morning and by the afternoon the flight price had gone up to £365. This was supposed to be a sale price, up to 20% off every seat, every flight, every route(yeah right). Easyjet told me that the prices go up and down by demand and there is no way to tell when this will happen.

Sorry, really not much use to you lol.
Stouffer's Hotel WDW Aug 93; Regal Palms WDW Jun08; Marriott Cypress Harbour WDW Jul 09; Marriott Imperial Palms WDW Jun 10; Marriott Grand Vista WDW Jul 11; Marriott Royal Palms / Regal Palms WDW Jul 12; Marriott Grand Vista/Regal Palms Jul 13; Highlands Reserve Villa Jun / Jul 14; Marriott Harbour Lakes Jun / July 2015; Marriott Royal Palms July 16
deltakc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 09, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen uk
Imagineer

Helen uk's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Also they know when you are checking prices..ive found if i have done this a couple of times in the day the price goes up but then the next it has dropped again

Ive also noticed that when they say they have a sale the prices are higher than previously but there are a lot of other sites that do this as well.

2006 Animal Kindgom Lodge
2007 Villa Caribbean Beach Resort and HRH
Helen uk is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 09, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
The-JAXX
Imagineer

The-JAXX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If you do book easyjet out of Bristol I wouldn't personally bother with speedy boarding. When we used them last year to go to Paris they called for speedy boarders first then families with babies etc, then everyone else. We were one of the last to be called.All we did was move to a queue by a glass doorway to get onto a bus to be taken to the plane. I didn't notice that anyone had any better access or quicker access than anyone else, unless of course you can pre-book your seats which I don't think you can with Easyjet.It was just like getting on a bus sit were you want as long as there was room
DLP-May02,Oct05,April08,FLORIDA- May03,Holiday inn,Xmas04QualityInnApril06VillasofSomerset/RPR,Aug07BahamaBay/RPR,Dec08 BahamaBay,Aug10 BahamaBay/HRH,Feb11 New York,Aug11 Cypress,Aug12 BahamaBay/Vegas,Feb14 BahamaBay,Aug14 Sanfran/Vegas/LA,Aug15 Bahamabay/Aug16 vegas/monteray /san diego/Mar17 NewYork/Dec17 Disney Cruise/Bahama Bay/Jun18 Florida/Sep18 Seattle/Hawaii/Dec18 Florida/Feb19 ParisDisney/Jun19 Barbados/Dec19 Bahama Bay
The-JAXX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 09, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Thanks everyone! I checked their prices again last night and they had gone back down to £224 so I booked! Crazy!
Old 31 Mar 09, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post

If you book a seat with Easyjet, their system says "ooh - that flight must be popular let's increase the price so that we can leach more money out of the punters". So the price goes up and the punter doesn't book, and the system says "ooh - this flight isn't very popular, let's drop the price to attract some punters". And the yo-yo continues.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 09, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
msdisneytonian
Imagineer

msdisneytonian's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I always find the best deals to be had are when the flights are first released - the closer the departure date the higher the price. As stated, if you see a good price book it! I wouldnt bother with speedy boarding and def not on the return from Paris. You can check-in on-line 60 days before departure if you are only taking hand luggage (which includes a small suitcase) which usually puts you in Boarding Group A - of the 8 flights Ive taken with Easyjet there has never been a full flight.
msdisneytonian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 09, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread